1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all, I've been browsing this forum for some time now and I've placed enough TB orders to count as another addict (currently awaiting delivery in the UK of another batch of accessories).

Anyway, I completed a round trip with Ryanair between Stansted and Toulouse 10 days ago and thought it may be useful to describe my experience with their latest baggage policy. As you gather from earlier posts, you can still bring a cabin bag and a personal item but the cabin bag must be checked free of charge unless you buy priority boarding. And the personal item dimensions are, uh, eccentric.

We had priority boarding. My OH certainly wasn't going to check his laptop. And you can check my TriStar when you prise it from my cold, dead hands.

The TS exceeded one allowed dimension by a couple of centimetres, maybe more on the return leg since it bulged a bit. My personal item was a Copilot, which also fails to match allowed dimensions, although it fits comfortably under the seat, of course.

Well, there were no issues whatsoever. Indeed, I am sure I saw passengers bringing larger bags onboard and the Ryanair staff didn't bat an eyelid. I suspect a Pilot would have been fine as a personal item.

The only catch is they've recently increased the boarding fee.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI, the discussion above is outdated. Effective November 1, the new size limit for the "small" bag (what other airlines call a personal item) is 40 x 20 x 25cm ... in inches, that's 15.75 x 9.84 x 7.87.

At that size, several of the TB bags would work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2