Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Belts!

Forum Member
    Northern Ireland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Belts!

Hi all,
    I get really frustrated at having to take my belt off while going through security. Is anyone aware of a leather look belt (preferably brown) with a plastic/nylon buckle? I'd like to have a some kind of buckle in my bag i could add to it for a smarter look.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leather, no, but I've gone to this: Grip6. I bought the dark matter carbon buckle and passed through non-pre check at Dulles today for the 4th time without removing my belt. Comfy to wear if different to put on and nice looking I think. I found reviews on youtube that sold me. TSA asked multiple times if I was wearing metal but let me go when I pointed and said "carbon fiber."

That said I wouldn't wear it to a sales meeting and there are some agents especially in other countries that would make you take off your belt even if you weren't wearing one <roll eyes>.
    Last edited by dephyingra; 10-16-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Digital Nomad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're American, consider getting Global Entry+TSA Precheck.

You don't have to take your shoes off, your belt off, or your laptop out of your bag. Plus, with Global Entry, you can skip the customs queue.

Forum Member 3rdCoastHighlander's Avatar
    Michigan, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewarrior View Post
    Hi all,
    I get really frustrated at having to take my belt off while going through security. Is anyone aware of a leather look belt (preferably brown) with a plastic/nylon buckle? I'd like to have a some kind of buckle in my bag i could add to it for a smarter look.
    Last summer I flew to Europe and back wearing the TB Money belt without an issue. TSA asked about my belt, and I said it had a nylon/plastic buckle. No problem.
    Synapse 19, Black Halcyon/Island with multiple organizer accessories. Black Halcyon/Island Side Kick, 7-8 TB Shopping totes.
    Briggs & Riley CX Carry-on.
    "You can't have a narrow mind and a thick passport."- Pauline Frommer
    Travel is about the gorgeous feeling of teetering in the unknown.

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @dephyinga, I love my Grip6 belt https://grip6.com/collections/mens-c...=3826726305805 - I have not tried their carbon fiber buckle, but will need to check that out. Thanks for the recommendation. Ack - I just realized they released women's versions too!
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those Grip6 belts look super cool.

I came to this thread because I wanted to mention Arcade Belts, because I've been thinking about buying one but wanted to know if anybody here had feedback first. Arcade Belts have a cool buckle release that are also plastic and travel-friendly.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snarky Nomad just did a review of Arcade belts

https://snarkynomad.com/arcade-adventure-belt-review/

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the no-frills elastic belt category, there's Beltaway: https://beltaway.com/beltaway-original-design/

I've been happy with the flat buckle so far, but I find the belt needs re-tightening throughout the day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a big fan of Bison Belts, especially with the plastic T-Lock buckle.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    Those Grip6 belts look super cool.

I came to this thread because I wanted to mention Arcade Belts, because I've been thinking about buying one but wanted to know if anybody here had feedback first. Arcade Belts have a cool buckle release that are also plastic and travel-friendly.
    I have two Arcade belts and love them.