Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Digital Nomad
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My latest travel hack: cold (or hot?) washcloth on-the-go

Hello, fellow travellers!

I thought I'd share a travel ritual I do now that I love. Usually when you check into a 4/5 star hotel in a hot climate with outdoor activities, they will have waiting for you at the door wet wash clothes that have been on ice. They're great to wipe all over your face, arms, neck, and head. It's almost like having a quick dip in the pool and you feel immediately refreshed.

A while ago, I was in a Westin and among the amenities they had were prepackaged face/body wipes you could take with you out on your adventures for the day. Think of a super-thick disposable tissue, scented with green tea. I threw it in my bag on the way out and LOVED IT.

Not what I do is throw a washcloth in a zip-lock bag with some water and I have, whenever I want it, a reusable cold refreshment cloth. At a cafe, I'll even order a cup of ice and throw a few ice cubes in the bag before using it. At the end of the day, I wash it in the shower and it's ready for the next day.

It takes up almost no space, and it's SO refreshing. Try it sometime. You can probably even use the hotel washcloth if you give it back.

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love little "disposable" hand towels. Some of them are very high quality and I actually save those to re-use. My dentist has packaged "oshibori" towels that she keeps in a warmer. It is moist and smells of lavender. It's a REAL towel, just very small and very thin. I always keep those.

One "disposable/reusable" towel I use is the very popular Clorox brand Handi-Wipe. If you actually run them through the wash, they get super soft. The "heavy duty" version has a looser weave and is slightly thicker. You can usually pick up a 3-pack for a buck or two, but you can find industrial rolls of the stuff (like this one, on Amazon: http://a.co/gXtndBl).

Another option is the Micro Towel; they are actually the size of a piece of candy, and they expand when you get them wet (http://a.co/2jcjeBZ). Another good one to carry with you!

Digital Nomad
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That micro-towel with a glass of ice water would work really well.

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought one of these as a silly little gadget for exactly the same reason, the refreshing feeling of a wet washcloth: (its not really obvious in the picture, put this is a device which carries water which is pumped into a small compartment, as well as extra compressed towels- the whole thing is the size of a deck of cards)

https://www.amazon.com/TowTabs-TowTa...70_&dpSrc=srch
    Last edited by sturbridge; 11-15-2017 at 04:51 PM.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!