Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My one worry with this solution is that I might forget to unpack things for a while, and the rubber may deteriorate over time, sticking to the jewelry. But if you are a more conscientious unpacker than I am, it’s a simple and reasonably-priced option!!

I also like the rubber matting that you put in the bottom of drawers. Lay out your jewelry on it [...]
    Last edited by haraya; 12-22-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haraya: No, the rubber matting thing is NOT for long term storage. It's only for while you are travelling, to keep the jewelry from shifting, scratching each other, and tangling. When I get home, even if I don't immediately unpack anything else, I unpack my jewelry and put it away in a safe place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, we are really bad at unpacking!! LOL. We have only recently broken the habit of leaving bags in a heap as soon as you walk in the front door. Big Grin Hence paring down my travel jewelry down to what I can wear on the plane...

The other reason I don't bring much jewelry is that I often like to buy some as a souvenir! Smilie My favorite pieces are almost all items that are from craft fairs or charming little shops. I have a particular fondness for simple dichroic glass, or small organic forms in silver.

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Haraya: No, the rubber matting thing is NOT for long term storage. It's only for while you are travelling, to keep the jewelry from shifting, scratching each other, and tangling. When I get home, even if I don't immediately unpack anything else, I unpack my jewelry and put it away in a safe place.

Forum Member
    CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t like to travel with much jewelry but when I went to a wedding with some, I grabbed the Saran Wrap “Press and Seal”. Cut to length and width for each piece that would tangle, I just lay the necklace down on one half, fold in a long, thin “tab “on each side, then fold the whole piece to secure it. Upon arrival, the “tabs” come in handy to grasp and pull apart. I stuck the piece of Saran to the wall so I could use it again on the return tripSmilie If your necklace is delicate, you may want to wrap a bit of tissue paper around it before laying it down because it will stick well to the wrap. After each piece is wrapped, it folds down very small and packs up great! Not elegant but minimal and tangle free!

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ALSO, Pill cases make great earring storage. A little felt in the bottom so the earrings don't bang against the plastic is easy to add.

San Jose, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use small tarnish free zip lock style bags to keep my jewelry separated but also looking good. Then I put them all into a large Tiffany’s drawstring pouch. All the lettering came off so it just looks like any other pouch. It stays in my carry on bag.

Forum Member 3rdCoastHighlander's Avatar
    Michigan, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the 25 peseta coin. I have a a few with the Barcelona Olympic logo from '92, one hanging on my daily key chain. The world's eyes were on Spain in '92- Olympics, World's Expo in Sevilla, Madrid was the Cultural Capital of Europe. Cool memories. Happy travels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2