Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 20 of 20
  1. #16
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Share
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    284
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't catch if she was going to be doing mostly day travels or expects to be hauling everything around to multiple places. That might impact how much she wants to pack.

    Even with weekly access to a washer, washing your skivvies daily can be relatively painless. Taking fewer undergarments may be more convenient. Particularly line drying 7 days worth of clothes, she can set aside the better part of a day each week doing laundry! I use the Uniqlo underwear and undershirts, and found the easiest thing to do was to just wear them in the shower, and use whatever soap or shampoo to clean. After some scrubbing and rinsing over the clothes, I take them off and finish showering me. They will even dry on a hanger in the closet in a day.

    Once I get to the point of almost fitting everything in the bag, I start paring anything I have more than 1 or 2 of, particularly with laundry facilities available. The skirts look like they fit the bill. Diligent use of undergarments will allow even things like t-shirts to be re-worn after hanging for a day.

    Remember she will need a USB adapter for the MacBook air to have wired internet, Air only has WiFi.

    Good luck keeping your UPS secret!

  2. #17
    Forum Member DeBru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Share
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Posts
    220
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, my box arrived! At 10:30 pm Husband was Home, no amount of tape could conceal the box lol
    I will wait to open it until he’s out doing stuff this afternoon. Sheer torture!

    My daughter’s Mandarin is very good, and I expect it will get better while she’s there, so the Post Office is looking like a very viable option for getting things home!

    @imperator, she will have a home base for most of the trip, so minimal schlepping. I got a luggage scale, so we will see how we are doing after hubby clears out of the house later.
    current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

  3. #18
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,246
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeBru View Post
    Well, my box arrived! At 10:30 pm Husband was Home, no amount of tape could conceal the box lol
    I will wait to open it until he’s out doing stuff this afternoon. Sheer torture!

    My daughter’s Mandarin is very good, and I expect it will get better while she’s there, so the Post Office is looking like a very viable option for getting things home!

    @imperator, she will have a home base for most of the trip, so minimal schlepping. I got a luggage scale, so we will see how we are doing after hubby clears out of the house later.
    UPS delivers at 10pm where you live? I thought Amazon's 8pm was late.

    I hope your daughter likes what you bought Teen is Traveling to Taiwan

  4. #19
    Forum Member DeBru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Share
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Posts
    220
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    UPS delivers at 10pm where you live? I thought Amazon's 8pm was late.

    I hope your daughter likes what you bought Teen is Traveling to Taiwan
    Not usually, up until yesterday the latest we had ever experienced was 9:30. And we live a whopping 4 miles from the Atlanta distribution center.

    And yes... she loves all the bags lol. She loved the look of the Stoaway but the Pilot packed a little better for her. I’m proud to say we got her A30 down to 6.5 kg

    Now we are left wondering if the Pilot will be accepted as a personal item for her Air China flight. There is no posted size or weight limit (that I can find) for personal items, only the carry on.

    https://www.china-airlines.com/nz/en...rry-on-baggage
    current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

  5. #20
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,246
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeBru View Post
    Not usually, up until yesterday the latest we had ever experienced was 9:30. And we live a whopping 4 miles from the Atlanta distribution center.

    And yes... she loves all the bags lol. She loved the look of the Stoaway but the Pilot packed a little better for her. I’m proud to say we got her A30 down to 6.5 kg

    Now we are left wondering if the Pilot will be accepted as a personal item for her Air China flight. There is no posted size or weight limit (that I can find) for personal items, only the carry on.

    https://www.china-airlines.com/nz/en...rry-on-baggage
    Wow well done with the packing! Glad she likes her bags Teen is Traveling to Taiwan

    I had a quick check and there is a recent thread about Air China personal items on FlyerTalk, might be useful:
    https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...-question.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •