Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medium Cafe Bag as CPAP bag

(I posted a version of this to the Ravelry forum yesterday, but thought it belongs here too.)

It turns out the MCB is a perfect fit for my CPAP and its accessories! Now I have a Tom Bihn CPAP bag. :-)

My CPAP came with its own bag, but it was always a nuisance to carry--handles in the wrong place, etc--so I started putting the CPAP in my suitcase (carry-on only) to have one less thing to schlep around. That really cuts down on the amount I can pack in the suitcase, though. Then it occurred to me I could go back to carrying the CPAP separately if I had a more comfortable bag to carry it in, so I tried it in the MCB.

What fits in the MCB:

• the CPAP itself (DeVilbiss Intellipap) in a packing cube I made for it
    • power cord
    • a size 1 Travel Stuff Sack with two folded masks & a small roll of tape in case the hose tears
    • a travel hose for the CPAP, which collapses down to a stick the size of a paper towel tube--it goes in diagonally above the CPAP
    • a Cubelet, which will hold a tiny humidifier (I donít usually take the CPAP humidifier when I travel because it takes up so much space, so Iím going to try humidifying the room instead)

Iím going to buy a tag that says ďMedical DeviceĒ to hang on the bag for travel.

P.S. I also tried my CPAP in several other bags that afternoon. The CPAP, power cord, and masks just fit in a Small Cafe Bag. I may do that sometimes too! Iíd put the hose in my suitcase and skip the humidifier.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the space of a day I went from not being certain I was going to keep the MCB at all, to deciding I want three of them! The one I have is Mars Red, which looks wonderful with Original Halcyon so I'll use it with the Western Flyer that's on its way to me (I just got the notice that it has shipped!) but it doesn't look good with my other luggage of Forest, Ballistic, and Aubergine. So now I've ordered another MCB in Original Halcyon (because I like the fabric and I know it's going away) and I'm keeping my eye out for an MCB in Burnt Orange, Forest/Hunter/Conifer, or Linen to harmonize with my other suitcases.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have that tube as well! I keep a roll of medical micropore tape just in case as well.
    You can get wee tiny inline humidifier things for your hose instead of carrying the unit or they have those travel humidifiers that you put in a water bottle (let me know if you get one! Iíd love to hear your opinion on it!)
    I put my Transcend cpap in the side pocket of my NFTD, a small travel hose under that (the collapsible one doesnít work in the side pocket of the NFTD but it does fit diagonally in the main section, but I just use my other one when Iím going in the NFTD), my plug and mask in a Tom Bihn sack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    fredletsTravels.com

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fredlet,

I tried those disposable inline humidifiers, but they don't work well with my mask--they aren't recommended if your mask uses a short hose, and my favorite mask basically *is* a short hose (with the Dreamwear mask, air comes in at the top of the head and flows around the sides of the head to the nose).

So I'm trying out one of those tiny humidifiers that uses a water bottle. I can't give a final review of it yet, because mine seems not to be working quite right--I contacted the seller and they're going to replace it. I'll let you know how I like it! (My interim review would be "seems fine except for this one issue.")

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have links for the tube and humidifier? I have a Transcend but I need biPAP not CPAP so Iím carrying the one the doc gave me. Still looking for something smaller for travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justascout View Post
    Do you have links for the tube and humidifier? I have a Transcend but I need biPAP not CPAP so I’m carrying the one the doc gave me. Still looking for something smaller for travel.
    justascout,

Assuming you're replying to me, these are the ones I have: mini humidifier (add a water bottle), collapsible hose. The collapsible hose is very useful, I've been using this style for years. I'm still figuring out the humidifier--sometimes it's great, sometimes it leaks. I think it has something to do with the bottle material (which influences the speed the water comes out), but I'm not sure yet since I haven't used it often.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thatís brilliant. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro