Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    I find the merino wool stretchier then the synthetic so feels very comfortable, neither too tight or too loose.
    Excellent to know. Thanks, Perseffect.

Quote Originally Posted by bijoux View Post
    100% merino fabric does not fray if cut carefully. Many many colours to choose from. All you would need is a rectangle of fabric in your preferred size. Then sew two sides together to form a tube. (Alterations shop or hand stitch, making sure to use stretch stitches) Or have the alterations sewer hem top and bottom for you as well.
    Also good to know, thank you! Requires higher than my current skill set, but definitely something I'll file to consider.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    We were glad of our Buffs when we visited Boston in March 2017. I've also worn one as a hat when I've gone into town and it's been colder than expected.

They pack up so small (about the size of a pack of tissues) it's worth keeping one stashed away in the bottom of a bag. They can be worn as a hat, scarf, balaclava, hairband, wristband, blindfo.....maybe not! Planning a 12-day Europe tour - Synapse 19 Visual Packing List

Personally, I'd rather be warm and look silly than be cold and feel miserable.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    In this picture, are you both wearing two buffs, or a hat and a buff combo?

I suppose I am asking because I am curious about how people pack. I know you're a very prepared packer so do you pack two buffs each? Or do you pack one constantly and then pack something else as-needed?

I am delighted to report that your pic is now the preview image for this thread (in my app anyway) and not that horrendous video.

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    In this picture, are you both wearing two buffs, or a hat and a buff combo?

I suppose I am asking because I am curious about how people pack. I know you're a very prepared packer so do you pack two buffs each? Or do you pack one constantly and then pack something else as-needed?

I am delighted to report that your pic is now the preview image for this thread (in my app anyway) and not that horrendous video.
    I always have a Buff in my bag even in summer.
    Because the weather, both in the UK and Boston, was on the chilly side we were wearing a hat anyway. In this instance the Buff replaced a scarf Smilie

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Planning a 12-day Europe tour - Synapse 19 Visual Packing List

Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    I always have a Buff in my bag even in summer.
    Because the weather, both in the UK and Boston, was on the chilly side we were wearing a hat anyway. In this instance the Buff replaced a scarf Planning a 12-day Europe tour - Synapse 19 Visual Packing List

Oof Boston without a scarf in winter, ouch! My face kind of hurts and my chin feels numb just thinking about it. I remember they got three feet of snow there a few years ago and I think it didn't all melt until May.

For 9 months of the year (in England) I usually have a hat and neck warmer in my bag in a stuff sack, if I am not wearing them. In summer that changes to a sun hat and a linen scarf, and a backup hat that lives inside a Small Q-Kit with my sunglasses. I'm still on the lookout for an attractive and non-sporty folding sun hat (the one in the Q-kit is a running hat). I love accessories I can squash into small bags.

ETA: this thread has made me realize I can fit a hat, neckwarmer, and a pair of mittens in a size 1TSS! That's a great result.
    Last edited by Cristina; 04-07-2018 at 04:11 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5