Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Packing for trip to Orlando, FL

I always love to see how people pack for various trips, here is my go at packing for our trip to Orlando. I've had more fun packing for this trip with our new TB gear than I care to admit.

In addition to packing my own things, I've also pack a S19 for my son (8 yrs) and the S25 for my daughter (10 yrs). My husband will also be carrying his A45 for the trip. We hope we can avoid checking anything in.

A45 Carry on

Packing for trip to Orlando, FL-img_e4368-jpg
    These are the clothes I'm bringing. The converse, black pants, blue shirt and sweater will be worn on the plane. Bras, underwear and socks are in the sz 4 TSS.

Packing for trip to Orlando, FL-img_e4365-jpg
    So you can see the clothes fit easily into 2 small A45 packing cubes. The third small A45 packing cube has protein bars, fruit snacks, jerky and 4 sporks for use in the parks. Shoes and rain poncho in one side pocket. CQPC, large travel tray and large Qkit in the other side pocket. Also have a Halcyon DLBP strapped to the bottom of the A45 for use in the parks.

Packing for trip to Orlando, FL-img_4374-jpg
    I keep the things I like on the night table in my travel tray. Book light, Dodow, sleep mask, lip balm.

Packing for trip to Orlando, FL-img_e4373-jpg
    Stuff in the CQPC. Hair stuff in purple LeSportSac. Tweezers, scissors etc in small knitting tool pouch. Bandaids and blister stuff in mini OP. Tylenol and advil for kids, along with thermometer in navy and brown pencil case. Make up in large Qkit.
    I just used a ziplock bag for 3-1-1.

Pop Tote as my Personal Item

Packing for trip to Orlando, FL-img_e4375-jpg
    Looking at the picture, it looks like a lot of snacks! But in addition to the four of us, we are traveling with 7 other family members. (Can't eat snacks without sharing!) I have an empty A30 side pocket PC. Medium double OP with papers for flight, car rental and hotel info. Side kick is 1/2 purse, 1/2 plane stuff. Attached is a small OP with 4 Passports and mini Qkit with nail clippers, tweezers etc. Kobo my e-reader.

Packing for trip to Orlando, FL-img_e4376-jpg

Phew! As you can tell, I'm super excited to see how all this TB organization system will play out. I only discovered TB in last July, but it's funny how quickly/easily your stash can accumulate!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm jealous of your little bag and pouch colors - so bright and cheerful!

Just curious, what are those black and brown sandals?

Forum Member
    Deep South, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love, love, love this post. I'm always intrigued by what people have in their bags and how they organize them.
    S19, Pilot, S25, SE, NFTD, SCB, LCB, LS- in that order, all in Halcyon. Newest: Brain Bag. Oh, and some Shop Bags and Travel Cubelets. And some pouches. And a couple of Organizer Wallets. And a SSK. And some stuff sacks. And a laundry sack. But I'm not hooked on TB.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaynie View Post
    Just curious, what are those black and brown sandals?
    They are Birkenstock Daloa. They are comfy, I'm hoping the arch support will be good for long days at DW.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Orlando. It's spring, so it's alternating between cold (40-60sF) and dry, to hot (70-85F) and humid. Sometimes it can be 40F in the morning and 85F by afternoon.

When it rains is pours here, but you can get a cheap rain poncho when you get here. Make sure your shoes can handle downpours and dry fast.

It's a lovely time of year weatherwise down here, so enjoy your trip!!!

P.S. Just had torrential rain and 1" hail and tornados. Lasted about 1/2 hour and now the sun's out again. Cold tomorrow.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 03-20-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great photos! I love the way a fully decked out Tom Bihn travel kit looks like.

Being organized on a trip always feels really good. It looks like you've got that down.