Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Minneapolis
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For trips where I need more than a pair or two, I use a small, ultra-sil compression cube from REI (store brand), similar to the one in melminimalist's post above. Usually, I can get the amount of socks and undies I pack for my longest trips into one, for summer/spring/fall. My warmer, longer winter socks take up a lot more room, so in that case just the undies go into the cube, and socks go elsewhere (often laid flat in the cube with my clothes). On 2 or 3-day trips, I just put everything together into a single cube--clothes, socks, undies.

I have several brands and styles of packing cubes and stuff sacks, and I prefer the REI store brand and Lewis n Clark to the Eagle Creek ones. Zipper pulls, regardless of brand, seem a common early failure point--luckily I have a huge stash of TB zipper pulls I can replace them with. Smilie

I used to use my TB stuff sacks for undies and socks, but I like that when I unzip and fold back the top on the cubes they can stay in my A30/A45 like mini-drawers and I can just grab what I need quickly.
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares. ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm kinda cheap, I usually just use either a small "delicates bag" that I also use for holding my bra in a washing machine or I use a ziploc plastic baggie.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    As described by @kkintea, the ones I used were called EC half-cubes at the time I bought them. However, the EC line has changed, and with it, possibly, the sizes, so it's worth testing out the cubes in-store before purchasing. If that's possible. But they are so thin and crumply that I'd guess anything close in size would work. The smaller ones (quarter cubes) should be ok too.
    Thanks!

My specter half Cube just arrived today and it fits so well I have ordered another in a different color.

Atlanta, GA USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone in my family usually just fit them into available spaces in a (personal) large A30 cube... with 4 people traveling together we need as few cubes as possible to avoid confusion!
    current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color EEK! 好的朋友

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the Travel Laundry Stuff Sack for these. On trips where I'm not planning to do laundry or sink laundry, the TLSS gets loaded with all the undies and socks I need. Any sportswear-type t-shirts will go in there too.

Forum Member
    Palo Alto
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I pack my A45, I use the Travel laundry Stuff sack (sized for the end pocket of the A45). I recently packed 3 bras, 4 pairs undies, 2 pairs socks and a pair of thin pajamas.

I did bring shoes, but the ones I packed were sandal-type, so no room for bits n bobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melminimalist View Post
    Mini Lewis and Clark expandable cube or small snake charmer.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Seconded.
    These fit really well in the NFTD center compartment. Smilie

fredletsTravels
    http://www.fredletsTravels.com

Forum Member 3rdCoastHighlander's Avatar
    Michigan, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Eagle Creek Spectre packing cubes because they're super light weight, weighing next to nothing. As a cyclist, weight is everything. As a traveler who one bags it, and travels with a carry-on and an S19, weight & creative, efficient packing is everything. I use small Eagle Creek bags for underwear and socks. Medium sized EC Spectre cubes for shirts and trousers. They're built quit well.
    Synapse 19, Black Halcyon/Island with multiple organizer accessories. Black Halcyon/Island Side Kick, 7-8 TB Shopping totes.
    Briggs & Riley CX Carry-on.
    "You can't have a narrow mind and a thick passport."- Pauline Frommer
    Travel is about the gorgeous feeling of teetering in the unknown.

cave of caerbannog
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baby Baggu shopping bags...for storage and shopping....super squishy to fill in spaces.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eagle Creek Specter Clean Dirty Cubes, the smallest size. Now that TB has finally come out with laundry cubes, I'll use those, too, although the A45 ones I have are really too big for undies and socks. I use the TB ones for larger clothing.

I'll also stuff socks in shoes to keep the shoes from being crushed. And I'll also use socks or undies in the folds of pants or tops to prevent creases, and as someone else called it "footballing."

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Eagle Creek Specter Clean Dirty Cubes, the smallest size. Now that TB has finally come out with laundry cubes, I'll use those, too, although the A45 ones I have are really too big for undies and socks. I use the TB ones for larger clothing.
    I used my snake charmer when I went to the UP last week. Started out with ankle socks in one side, undies in the other. I shifted them around a bit so for a while had clean on one side, dirty on the other. Doesn't have the movable barrier between the two sides, but fits real well in the end pocket of my NFTD!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Packing Cube Shoulder Bag.

Yes, I know, some of those foundation garments could be used as sail boat small sail replacement. Wink

Watching too much "How to Survive" and reading "Around the World in 80 Days" Ferry Bus Train equals, "how to use the stuff you pack to get going".

Big Grin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2