1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I meet up with friends for a girl's weekend, I usually know I can fly in 30 - 60 mins later than they do since I won't be waiting for luggage in the baggage claim.

When I pack depends on the trip - and when my flight is. I'll pack the night before when I have a flight first thing in the morning just so I don't forget anything pre-coffee. For overseas trips, I'll start getting organized a couple days before (make sure I have my passport, some currency and maybe find my public transit card from the last time I visited, but if I am going to visit friends or family I'll pack an hour or so before I leave for the airport.

I've joked all I need for a trip is my phone, wallet, and a passport, but I'm not quite willing to try going that light - at least not yet.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So in all seriousness, I did see my wife pack light once. On safari.

Because they use bush pilots to get you around, they have a strict limit of (1) small (like, 30L) bags, (2) nothing hard-sided. It forces you to pack light. It's the only time I've seen my wife do it.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in Vegas for 4 days for a conference. Offered to let a friend crash with me since the room had two beds. I flew A30, she flew with two medium suitcases including a small keurig machine because luggage is free on Southwest. Seeing full size toiletries on the counter blew my mind. Four days!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vecturist View Post
    I've joked all I need for a trip is my phone, wallet, and a passport, but I'm not quite willing to try going that light - at least not yet.
    I've used that exact line of thought to talk myself out of anxiety attacks on trips before: I have my passport, my credit cards, and my phone, so I can probably survive long enough to make it home
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares. ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4