1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aeronaut 30 as Frontier personal item

So Im flying on Frontier direct Orlando MCO to San Juan, PR and decided to risk it with my Aeronaut 30 as a personal item, fully-packed to the brim - with my CPAP in one of the side compartments. It was about 2 too tall/long but I wore it as a backpack and had no problems. Well see how this goes on my return flight but I will say the Aeronaut 30 has saved me $40-$60 so far.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My family took our first vacation outside of north america last year, and after reading all the stories of people getting caught with carry ons/personal items/hand luggage that was over the limit (especially on budget airlines), my wife and i bought a30s and slightly under-packed them to be sure that we didn't violate restrictions. After our first stop in paris, we sadly decided to gluttonously violate our decision by stuffing souvenirs into our bags, consequences be damned regarding size and weight. To our chagrin, on our six intra-european flights, as well as four flights this year, no one ever checked our luggage for breaking the rules...we could've stuffed a45s full and still avoided penalties. (Other flyers had bags much larger than a45s and were not questioned, either.)
    Of course, i'm not suggesting you tempt fate, because as soon as you do, murphey's law will undoubtedly get you.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for you! I'm sure you were both happier traveling light.
    Thank you to both for sharing your experiences. I have not traveled Frontier. Yet. But I do use the Aeronaut 30 a lot, and it seems to be a very acceptable size and shape as a carry-on.
    Last edited by bchaplin; 08-09-2018 at 03:32 PM.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's acceptable as a carry-on, absolutely, but Frontier charges for carry-ons.

In my experience, it will fit under the seat in front of you, but you might need to kind of keep that a secret between you and your seatmate. It doesn't fit completely under the seat, and I suspect you're probably breaking the rules a little to put it there. I don't believe it's technically compliant as a personal item.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rprather View Post
    fully-packed to the brim - with my CPAP in one of the side compartments.
    You might do this for carry convenience.... I always keep the CPAP in its own travel case, as medical gear doesn't count as luggage. I won't check it, and fly with 1 carry-on, 1 personal item, ... and 1 CPAP.

Good luck with the a30,