Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha this popped up in my feed today - down jacket vending machine!

Via Twitter:

"I was amused to see this Uniqlo vending machine at SFO’s Terminal 2, selling squashable down jackets to Californians headed to points colder." (@debcha to @GreatDismal)
    Last edited by haraya; 02-05-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMoonMoon View Post
    Now my only concern left is how/what to pack because it will be cold and I've never had to pack this lightly for that kind of weather. Would it be possible to get some help with that? I am staying with family in DC, but then might leave the A30 there when I go to NYC and take the DLBP with clothes and another bag for walking around. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
    It's funny, I tend to have the opposite problem. In the past five years I have travelled in warm seasons only once!

My go-to packing items: 2 pairs of jeans (I only own jeans at the moment, so that is what gets packed), 2 t-shirts, 1 long-sleeved shirt, 1 tank top, 1 packable down puffy jacket, 1 Knix bra, 3 underwear, 2 pairs of merino wool socks, shorts and shirt for sleeping in, canvas walking shoes, leather dress shoes with a little heel, toiletries bag, charger cords bag, thank you cards and stationary (I like writing letters!), a headband (to keep my ears warm when walking outside), a pair of thin gloves, and two or three thin scarves.

What I wear on the plane: sturdy leather boots (they zip up the back and are easy to get in and out of at security, plus would prefer to not pack them), my thinnest merino wool socks, jeans, t-shirt, cardigan.

I'm a bad representative for packing lists, tho... I'm a naturally warm person and usually struggle to think of layers that will keep me from over-heating. Also, it is currently in the -20 degrees Celcius range, and Washington DC temps look pretty warm to me right now :P

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4