Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What to wear...?

Hello--
    For the first time, I'm considering an Airbnb. It's in a lady's home, and I'd be walking down the hall a bit to the bathroom. Also, in the mornings I like to get a cup of coffee first thing, before I face the world, take it back to my room, and journal a bit.

What can I wear so that I don't look like a total slob? I usually don't even bring a bathrobe, just my pajamas, which are, well, pajamas. Of course I want to pack light as well!

Would love to hear your opinions.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jogging pants and a t-shirt lol

Honestly, that is the easiest to pack and throw on in my opinion.

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wear a pyjama dress (um, nightgown) and a fleece. My dress is an unremarkable sleeveless black knit dress so it can also do dual-duty if necessary!. The fleece is so I don't have to wear a bra or feel exposed.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ranger panties and a tshirt. Multifunction, compact, light, comfortable and street worthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always pack PJs that could pass as an outfit in case of emergency. In a hot summer that might only be a t-shirt dress, the rest of the time, it's a t-shirt and these patterned pants that are like loose yoga pants.

A hoodie or cardigan always does well to cover a no-bra situation as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leggings are my emergency pajama/grocery run/ice machine run/low-key public clothes. On my last trip I really wanted a lightweight, moisture wicking, cozy cover-up, so I just bought a bamboo zip-front hoodie. Also, I always take sandals made by Crocs that weigh nothing and are perfect shower shoes/slippers with or without socks.

That said, I've had some bad Airbnb experiences, so I don't anymore.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would go with a t-shirt and light-weight yoga pants that can double as pajama bottoms. Another possibility (but one that I donít travel with) is using one of those beach cover ups that are like longer, loose tee-shirts, but not as long as dresses. (If youíre actually packing to go to a beach, this can be useful to take along, anyway, and they can be quite pretty.)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    Leggings are my emergency pajama/grocery run/ice machine run/low-key public clothes. On my last trip I really wanted a lightweight, moisture wicking, cozy cover-up, so I just bought a bamboo zip-front hoodie. Also, I always take sandals made by Crocs that weigh nothing and are perfect shower shoes/slippers with or without socks.

That said, I've had some bad Airbnb experiences, so I don't anymore.
    Oh dear. I'm sorry to hear that. I'd be interested in hearing about your experiences if you want to PM me.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justascout View Post
    Ranger panties and a tshirt. Multifunction, compact, light, comfortable and street worthy.
    Thank you so much for making me google, and finding this review!
    DLBC (black Dyneema) **Missing **, Synapse 25 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), Synapse 19 (Navy/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), PCBP for TriStar (Iberian), Synapse 19 (Navy/Solar), Ristretto for iPad (Black/Wasabi), Large Shop Bag (Island),mini Q-kit, various packing cubes, stuff sacks, and pouches.

Retired but not forgotten: TriStar (Black/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Solar), Synapse 25 (French Blue/Steel).

Forum Member
    Maryland
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thanks for the recommendation for Ranger panties, I just ordered a pair for Mr Wilde to pack in his bag for our upcoming trip. Can't wait to see his "what the?" face when he pulls them out of his packing cube and I inform him I've substituted Ranger panties for his sleep shorts. hahaha-well the laugh will probably be on me because according to the review found by nealopp he'll probably love them.

On another note - I've had nothing but positive experiences with Airbnb.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What to wear...?

Shhhh. I just gave out secret military techniques and procedures by talking about them. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, as a guy, and a lightweight packer, I don't usually bother with PJs. (Just some PJ pants in cold winter months, and even then, not always.) However, if I were you, I'd probably either:

1) Throw on my day clothes (much like I do whenever I'm at a hotel and the fire alarm goes off in the middle of the night.)
    2) (If I had them) just go in my PJs, and who cares what people think? As long as they're not revealing, you're probably alright for a run to the bathroom or a cup of coffee.

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ranger panties are hilarious! A big +1 for that. As to not having pyjamas -- I think that the option is not equally available to everyone. Women are much more in danger of attack generally. I am not particularly fearful but I would NEVER risk going to bed in a stranger's house naked or only in underwear.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These days I mostly stay in AirBnbs (for many reasons).

On some shorter trips I may only have one pair of pants, like wool trousers (thankfully very anti-stink), so I will wear those around the house with an undershirt or just a t-shirt since I have no choice!

On longer trips I usually aim to have at least a second pair of pants to wear while washing the first, which could be swim/run shorts or even a real pair of pants. In those situations I'll wear the comfier of the two around the house.

On trips with relaxed bag capacity I will simply bring a pair of joggers to wear as casual pants and a tank top or short sleeve henley. They work dual purpose as street clothes if I want, too!

Also, AirBnb hosts are typically very accommodating and I think a full set of pajamas for modesty would be thoroughly appreciated and certainly not considered slovenly at all.

Digital Nomad
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow, those ranger panties. Oh, oh, my.

As a houseguest in those situations, I usually just throw on pants/jeans. If I leave them with the belt still in them, ready to go, they don't really take any longer than PJ's to put on. Then I'll throw on a T-shirt. Simple enough.

Although now that I know about ranger panties...

What to wear...?-1030460-reno911miami_14-jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast