Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @sujo: As long as I don't need a proper ironed business shirt it is a lot easier with packing and for short trips my SA or S25 with a packing cube are just big enough (at least in summer)....
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My husband always wears his suit for travel and packs the shirts if he is travelling light -- why can't you make one more fold? So what I mean is: you fold the shoulders in and lay the sleeves flat (shirt now a long rectangle, collar down). Fold the bottom part up (shirt a shorter rectangle now, collar still down). Now, make one more fold, the front of the shirt is stretched and doesn't wrinkle, and they pack well, either laid on top of each other or stacked in a line.

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have found I have Ben able to get more into the yeoman by using 3 size 4 stuff sacks instead of packing cubes. I dunno I guess it just works for me.

Great to see you using the YD for trips as one of your main bags Mini YD and DLBP for 18-day trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejvc View Post
    My husband always wears his suit for travel and packs the shirts if he is travelling light -- why can't you make one more fold? So what I mean is: you fold the shoulders in and lay the sleeves flat (shirt now a long rectangle, collar down). Fold the bottom part up (shirt a shorter rectangle now, collar still down). Now, make one more fold, the front of the shirt is stretched and doesn't wrinkle, and they pack well, either laid on top of each other or stacked in a line.
    Yes, I did this already but my feeling was the more you fold it the more wrinkles you end up with....
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    Michigan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe all that you got into the mini! I have been looking at those as a gift for family members. Wavering between the mini & small. Will a mens size 10 pair of shoes fit in the mini? My dad usually carries a sweatshirt, house shoes, reading glasses & vitamins when he visits. Seeing the photos I am definitely getting a mini as an in-flight bag for my husband & son to share.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Vancouver, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowerchild81 View Post
    I can't believe all that you got into the mini! I have been looking at those as a gift for family members. Wavering between the mini & small. Will a mens size 10 pair of shoes fit in the mini? My dad usually carries a sweatshirt, house shoes, reading glasses & vitamins when he visits. Seeing the photos I am definitely getting a mini as an in-flight bag for my husband & son to share.

It seems logistically your dad could fit those items in a mini, but if he wanted to add anything else, I'd recommend a small.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowerchild81 View Post

This will work; I tried packing a pair of size 10.5 menís Sperry Topsiders (regular shoes; probably larger than your house shoes), XL Sweatshirt, Clear Quarter Packing Cube, glass case, and a few bottles of vitamins. This is not a close pack to take lots of items; @sujo is right ó if you want to stuff more in, move to the Small YD. You could probably insert the house shoes along the short dimension, and pack a lot more in. But the Mini YD is a good size for your outlined use, and more convenient to stow/carry. Remember to get a shoulder strap if you want one, since itís not included. (If you go with the Small YD, Iíd get the Absolute Strap, on the supposition that people who buy larger bags tend to fill them, and I would rather use an Absolute Strap with a fully loaded Small Yeoman Duffel.

moriond

Forum Member
    Michigan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the test pack @Moriond. I like the idea of the mini so my dad can just have a small catch all & not be tempted to bring more. I may order one mini & one small to compare & then keep the other one for family use.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2