Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone use their co-pilot for day hiking?

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be doing some light hiking as part of a layover on a longer trip, and will only have my (brand new!) Co-Pilot with me (A30 will be staying safely in the airport for the day). I was just curious if anyone had used their Co-Pilot for hiking in the past, and had any tips/tricks/reviews. I know backpacks usually make more sense, but for this trip, the Co-Pilot just made more sense for my day bag.

Thank you!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by runningtravels View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm going to be doing some light hiking as part of a layover on a longer trip, and will only have my (brand new!) Co-Pilot with me (A30 will be staying safely in the airport for the day). I was just curious if anyone had used their Co-Pilot for hiking in the past, and had any tips/tricks/reviews. I know backpacks usually make more sense, but for this trip, the Co-Pilot just made more sense for my day bag.

Thank you!
    I would probably put an Absolute strap on it if I were wearing it for hours on end, but I get shoulder pain with bags that aren't even heavy. Apart from that, I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be fine for a hill walk.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have an Absolute strap and/or would use it on the A30 or other larger bags, it's a good choice.

You could also look into what we call the 'mini' absolute strap (made by OpTech, same producer as the absolute strap) if you want something a bit more suited size-wise to the bag
    https://www.amazon.com/TECH-USA-Mini.../dp/B0001TST8U

If the regular strap doesn't bother you and you're not carrying super heavy stuff, it should be fine. My suggestion would be to have the CP crossbody snug to your back, riding above your tailbone (like a messenger bag). That will help keep you balanced as you walk and prevent it from getting in your way.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That mini strap looks perfect! I also prefer a lower profile strap so that might be a great investment for me. And thank you for the tip on how to wear it, that makes a lot of sense. Iíll plan to do that. Thank you both!!