Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NFTD & L12 for two-night trip with CPAP and laptop

I'm in Minneapolis for the weekend to visit my sister and attend a science fiction convention (so far I've been doing great at visiting my sister and haven't actually made it over to the convention yet, but I plan to go over there tomorrow). Just for fun I decided to travel lighter than usual. The evolution of my luggage plan for this trip was

1. Wouldn't it be great to travel with one of my new Luminaries, maybe the L15. I bet the L15 + Night Flight would carry everything I need for the weekend and it would be an excuse to use the NFTD too.
    2. A couple days later: Oh wow, I've actually cut my packing list down so much that I can travel with just the NFTD! That will be fun.
    3. A couple days after that: Drat, I wasn't able to finish all of the weekend's homework in advance so I need to take my laptop with me. OK, I'll take the L15 after all.
    4. Later that day: ...but the Burnt Orange L12 looks so good with the Aubergine NFTD, I'll use the L12 instead of the L15 even though it means sticking my laptop in the main compartment.

NFTD & L12 for two-night trip with CPAP and laptop-befunky-collage-l12-ks-jpg

The Luminary 12 held:
    • laptop (13" MacBook Pro from before touchbars)
    • laptop power cord
    • mouse
    • a book
    • cardigan
    • Side Effect
    • the banana and cookies I got on the plane

and had a bunch of empty space left near the bottom of the bag.

The Side Effect held:
    • tissues
    • first aid kit in a mini Halcyon pouch (the white first aid logo on the pouch is fabric paint that I added)
    • lip balm
    • Nik's Minimalist Wallet #4
    • clip-on sunglasses

Nik's Minimalist Wallet is too small for me for everyday use, but I kept it because I thought it would be good for travel--and it has been perfect for this trip! It fits nicely into one of the pockets inside the SE, too.

NFTD & L12 for two-night trip with CPAP and laptop-befunky-collage-nftd-jpg

The NFTD held:
    • one NFTD packing cube of clothing
    • a Clear Quarter Packing Cube with pajamas in one side and nothing in the other side
    • an Original Small Shop Bag folded up in the bottom of the NFTD (that's why it looks like it has a UV bottom even though the NFTD is lined with Wasabi!)
    • a second mini first aid kit, this one a gift for my sister (this one in a Red Blend Clear Organizer Pouch)
    • a size 1 Travel Stuff Sack half-filled with my CPAP mask
    • a Linen small Double Organizer Pouch holding a tiny notebook and pen in the back, with cards in the front (this DOP is my super-minimalist version of the Field Journal Notebook I'd normally bring to a convention)
    • 2' CPAP hose (I know the layout of my sister's guest room so I knew I could get away with using such a short hose)
    • CPAP in a packing cube I made for it, which took just about exactly half of the main compartment (it also fit nicely in an end compartment, but I wanted it in the middle section for protection and to center the weight)
    • 3 3DOCs: one clear with toiletries, one all fabric with a knitting project, one mesh with chewing gum, noise-cancelling earbuds, and other stuff I'd want during the flight
    • iPad Mini
    • small Q-Kit with electronics chargers & external battery
    • two transit passes, one for home and one for my destination

For clothing I'm wearing the same long skirt all weekend so I didn't have to find room for a change of trousers. Instead all the clothing I packed was one t-shirt and two each of: bike shorts (to wear under the skirt), underwear, socks. Normally I'd bring another bra and another pair of shoes--I don't like wearing the same shoes two days in a row, so I like alternating between two pairs--but this is working out fine for a more minimalist short trip.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, this CPAP that fits so nicely in the NFTD is a DeVilbiss Intellipap (not the Intellipap 2, I haven't tried that one). And I know @fredlet has an even smaller CPAP that fits in the NFTD even better!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice and ready to go! Thanks for sharing!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Oh, this CPAP that fits so nicely in the NFTD is a DeVilbiss Intellipap (not the Intellipap 2, I haven't tried that one). And I know @fredlet has an even smaller CPAP that fits in the NFTD even better!
    Yay! I love that you tried your NFTD for the weekend!

And my cpap is the Transcend. All the stuff fits in the side pocket.
    I put a travel smaller hose in the bottom as cushion, then my power supply and power strip (with the removable prongs stuck in the strip to keep the prongs from bending) Transcend unit tucked in and my minimal mask in the crevices.
    Iíll do a series of pics if anyone wants it of how it piles in the pocket...

fredletsTravels
    http://www.fredletsTravels.com
    #TeamUltraviolet