Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Packing list for a working vacation

Hi folks!

I took a 6 day trip tp Spain, spending an evening in Munich on my way back for an overnight layover.

While this was a working trip, I did not need to pack clothes for work.

I packed in the Hero's Journey -- this is my favorite travel pack -- it is so versatile, capacious, and comfortable to carry!

The top compartment of the Hero's Journey held a Deluxe Spiff Kit with my toiletries inside, and a stuff sack with some Kind bars. I was reminded that I've gotten spoiled with TSA-Pre traveling mostly within the US lately. When I went through security flying out of Malaga, I had pulled out the Deluxe Spiff Kit in which my dry and liquid toiletries were co-mingled. The person at security opened it up to look inside and provided me a plastic ziplock bag for the next time I go through security. I used that ziplock bag to pack my liquid toiletries when I was flying out of Munich.

Leaving my devices in the Cache as I went through security in Malaga and Munich worked out just fine.

The lower compartment of the Hero's Journey held a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag with t-shirts inside. The lower compartment held my laundry for the return trip, and the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag retired to the main compartment.

The main compartment of the Hero's Journey held:
    * Daylight Backpack with my personal MacBook, my work MacBook Pro, and my iPad, each in a Cache, and a deck of cards.
    * A packing cube with socks.
    * A packing cube with underwear.
    * A packing cube with my flip flops.
    * A Second Aid Kit with USB cables, battery and other accessories.
    * A MacBook Pro charger and European power plug adapter.
    * A Zip-Top Shop Bag.
    * A light weight rain jacket.
    * A fleece vest when I wasn't wearing it (this ended up in the Zip Tote for my return journey).
    * A couple of other personal items.

I forgot to pack a USB charger, and while I could have used my laptop to charge my phone and iPad, I opted to pick up a European USB charger during at Frankfurt Airport when I was flying out.

A Travel Cubelet held my wallet, phone, passport, earphones and lip balm.

With regard to the toiletries, I know that I could have placed the liquid toiletries in 3D Clear Organizer Cube. But I really like how my toiletries organize into a Deluxe Spiff Kit. I can hang one thing in the bathroom that holds all of my toiletries. When the toiletries are examined by x-ray machines, I don't understand why they need to be in a clear bag.
    -m

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious why you needed the personal MacBook as well as an iPad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melminimalist View Post
    Just curious why you needed the personal MacBook as well as an iPad?
    Hi @melminimalist!

I'd say it was a want more than a need!

I use the iPad as a personal entertainment device, and the MacBook for personal work.
    -m