Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydneygirl View Post
    I am losing my nerve about travelling carry on only! Worried about not having space for buying souvenirs and the bag getting heavy to carry. As my travelling companions are checking in their bags I feel I may as well too. Any thoughts?
    My standard practice for Japan is to go over carry-on only, with the A30. I pack a reasonably large Longchamp folding weekend bag. On the way back, this carries my laundry, shoes, brochures, anything heavy etc, and I check this. In my A30, I have anything that's fragile, expensive and precious, and I keep this as my carry-on.

You are definitely right to plan ahead for shopping in Japan!
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. You don’t worry about checking a bag that’s not durable ie the long champ or the pop tote?

I do get to have two carry on bags so I could take my daypack out of my Aeronaut and stuff it full as well, that could work.

Thanks for the support - I feel better taking my Aeronaut now!

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Longchamp bag is pretty durable, and I don't overpack it. I've been quite happy with how it's held up so far, the odd scuff mark is all.
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for the advice - I am so so happy I brought the A30! It was no trouble taking on the flight and because it’s forced me to pack lighter it’s only 7.7kg while my travel companions have 12 and 17kg medium suitcases I’ve had to help them haul around. Loving this one bag Tom Bihn travelling! Will definitely need to check some things in the way back, lots of amazing things to buy here!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3