Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just my two cents worth, my mom always did an awesome job having stuff for us to do when travelling as little kids. Our family favourite (to this day!) is audiobooks; there are so many options geared for kids that can be played in the car or put onto a phone/iPod for individual listeners. Hearing a story could distract us for hours. Probably won't work with the youngest child, but the older child might be quiet for an hour or two.

She also packed things like a deck of Uno! cards, and magnetized travel games (like checkers, with magnets keeping the pieces stuck to the board so that they weren't easily lost during bumpy stretches).

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I am struggling with this exact thing right now for a trip to Scotland at the end of August.

I know from previous years that wellies are required, and we are also going to the beach so we also need the water shoes, but does that mean that we can't pack their comfy trainers?

It is a multi-stop trip so I want to pack light, but the shoes and variable weather are driving me batty.

I know what you mean, to me it seems crazy to only pack boots and water shoes when my kids wear their trainers 99% of the time at home.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so test pack of the third option packing list found I could squeeze (and I mean squeeze, really no spare space at all) all the kids clothing plus mine into the A30! This is kids only taking one pair of shoes (that they're wearing the day) and me wearing waterproof trainers and packing sandals only.

This left plenty of room in the A45 for husbands stuff (his test pack left both end pockets empty) plus what I was planning to put into our daypack.

Definitely don't need to take the Trunkis which is good because I was worried about them being so bulky / us having to carry them plus sleeping kids when we get off the plane and both children no doubt will be fast asleep then!

Photos and new packing list to come for those who are interested.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, looking forward to pics!

Are you going to move some of the kids stuff into one of your husbandís end pockets? Itís only just occurred to me that by next year your kids will each have gone a size up. On the other hand, since theyíll have new clothes you can carefully choose lighter weight and smaller packing stuff.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photo's!

One kids clothes first packed in the Trunki (only took up half of it)
    One family and Two Aeronauts (A45 and A30)-img_2237-compressed-jpg

Both kids clothes in the A30
    One family and Two Aeronauts (A45 and A30)-img_2240-compressed-jpg

Both kids clothes + mine ready for packing
    One family and Two Aeronauts (A45 and A30)-img_2246-compressed-jpg

Both kids clothes + mine in A30 (squished but fits)
    One family and Two Aeronauts (A45 and A30)-img_2243-compressed-jpg

Husbands clothes fitting into just the middle section of the A30
    One family and Two Aeronauts (A45 and A30)-img_2247-compressed-jpg

Sorry I don't know why the photo's are so large, just normal iPhone photos..... I'll try to reduce next time!
    Last edited by Sydneygirl; 10-03-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Below is the updated packing list that matches the above photos - have I gone too far and taken not enough?! This excludes what we're wearing on the plane.

Me
    6 undies
    3 socks
    1 bras
    3 tops
    1 shorts
    1 jeans
    1 long sleeved top
    1 dress
    1 pj's
    1 swimsuit
    1 sandals/flats
    1 toiletries

Husband
    6 undies
    3 t-shirts
    3 socks
    1 shirt
    1 shorts
    1 jeans
    1 pj's
    1 rain jacket
    1 board shorts
    1 thongs? (not packed above)

Kids x 2
    6 undies
    4 socks
    2 singlets
    2 pj's
    2 t-shirts
    2 long sleeved tops
    1 shorts
    1 board shorts
    2 pants
    1 raincoat
    1 hat

EDC Bag (not pictured above)
    8 nappies for travel day
    1 baby wipes
    2 water bottles
    2 snacks
    1 iPad
    2 kids headphones
    1 headphone splitter
    1 dopp kit
    1 electronics kit
    1 sunnies w case
    4 passports
    1 wallet
    1 iPhone

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing! Youíve really got your list down, fantastic!

I would consider just a few more things for you, like another bra, maybe a very thin cardigan, hat and a rain jacket.

I am also wondering about your daypack for the plane, are you going to pack things like coloring books or other toys to keep the kids occupied during times when they arenít allowed electronics?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneygirl View Post
    Below is the updated packing list that matches the above photos - have I gone too far and taken not enough?! This excludes what we're wearing on the plane.

Me
    6undies
    3socks
    1bras
    3tops
    1shorts
    1jeans
    1long sleeved top
    1dress
    1pj's
    1swimsuit
    1sandals/flats
    1toiletries

Husband
    6undies
    3t-shirts
    3socks
    1shirt
    1shorts
    1jeans
    1pj's
    1rain jacket
    1board shorts
    1thongs? (not packed above)

Kids x 2
    6undies
    4socks
    2singlets
    2pj's
    2t-shirts
    2long sleeved tops
    1shorts
    1board shorts
    2pants
    1raincoat
    1hat

EDC Bag (not pictured above)
    8nappies for travel day
    1baby wipes
    2water bottles
    2snacks
    1iPad
    2kids headphones
    1headphone splitter
    1dopp kit
    1electronics kit
    1sunnies w case
    4passports
    1wallet
    1iPhone

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant pictures! Love your A30. Love your cube setup, much easier to pack and repack. I'd consider a foldable shopping tote for food en route, and a napkin or tea towel for spills.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention, we'll be leaving from Autumn here so it'll be cold when we head off and I'll be wearing my merino wool cardigan and rain coat. I'm planning to back a bikini top that can double as another bra. As for hat, you're totally right I should but I never wear them here (really not a hat person) so I doubt I'd wear on holidays.

Yep planning to pack a few favourite toys, some water WOW "colouring" books, reusable stickers, soft ball etc. Mostly food as that definitely keeps my kids quiet and still (think similar to treat ball for pets situation hehe). I am hoping by then our 4.5 year old will carry a small backpack (recently got a Paw Patrol one he loves) with this stuff inside.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejvc View Post
    Brilliant pictures! Love your A30. Love your cube setup, much easier to pack and repack. I'd consider a foldable shopping tote for food en route, and a napkin or tea towel for spills.

I love it too! So happy with it. And yes as we're road tripping it'll be great to keep everything organised in cubes. Packable tote bag is in our "dopp kit" - basically all the small stuff that I don't want to list one by one (hankies, medications, bandaids etc) and we usually use hankies for spills, wiping messy hands/faces etc.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4