Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    York, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seem to have ‘lost’ my folding sunglasses somehow today, they were on the bed when everything was spread out and now cant find them anywhere!.
    I have taken pics, but keep getting error messages when I try to upload them - however, good news Ive weighed the S25 including my 3-1-1 bag and book etc and its 4.1 kg, so under the 7kg limit.
    Thanks
    Jaffa
    Last edited by Jaffa; 05-29-2019 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Further info
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jaffa,
    I spent three months in India as a single female traveler. I have to admit, it wasn't easy, but it sounds like you are doing it right, especially with asking for help re transportation to and from your retreats. As Shiva says, the South should be much more manageable than the pilgrimage areas up in the north which is where I went.
    If you have any specific questions, feel fee to send me a DM.
    Cheers,
    Katcalls

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
    I have taken pics, but keep getting error messages when I try to upload them
    If you'd like help with the error messages, feel free to post the messages and we'll see what we can do to help! The first thing to check is to make sure the pics are under 1 MB each. On the other hand if you just want to focus on your trip and forget about the pics, that's OK too. Have a great trip!

York, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok - I’m back - still jet lagged (please excuse any mistakes). Thought I would post an update...
    Took the Synapse 25 S25 with a small 3 pocket handbag (Non TB, it was a birthday pressie), & a Sea to Summit fold up lightweight backpack. Used EC specter packing cubes, 1 large at bottom of main compartment & medium on top, also took 3 compression cubes in the same fabric to squeeze some more ‘stuff’ in on my return.
    Took too many clothes, some unworn, but I think for me it will be unlikely I would ever go on a trip and wear everything I took. Unless I only took like 5 items.
    I left 1 shirt there, and bought 2 cotton lightweight dresses, 4 t shirt type tops, (2 Indian cotton lightweight and then 2 usual cotton tops). 2 small books. 1 jar of masala spices (present)..The bag was stuffed, and a bit difficult to pack on my return, but It all fitted in.
    Weight going out approx 4.5 kg and return 7.2 kg, the limit was 7kg (carry on). I did have a small weighing scale , which I took with me, but
    It gave me 3 different readings, so couldn’t trust it..
    Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

York, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a great time, enjoyed my 1st trip to India and the traveling around, and the yoga retreats - would like to go back, but perhaps later on in the Monsoon season, if only to avoid the mozzis..(I stopped counting at 40 bites)..
    Thanks re the offer of uploading pics. Will try later.
    Jaffa

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jaffa, I'll be going to in Northern India soon and am working on gathering lightweight but modest clothes in preparation. I also have to stay under 7kg! I was wondering if there were any specific clothing brands you liked most while on your trip? Or the best (and also maybe most affordable) brands for linen clothes?

York, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Northern India sounds fun - I would like to go back to India and on the look out for cheapest flights!.
    Re brands of clothing, Im from the UK, so not sure where abouts you are. I had a mixture of brands, all UK based.
    Next, Marks and Spencer’s, picked up in charity shops (thrift), I ended up not wearing some of my clothing, due to the heat/humidity.
    Plus as it was yoga based, it was all low key and no one was bothered how often I wore the same clothing, with free laundry!
    HTH
    Jaffa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2