Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12 Day Overland Safari with the A30 and Co-Pilot

Hi all,

Everyone has been sooo helpful in figuring out the best Bihn bags for my needs, and I wanted to share my pack outs for my overland safari trip using my beloved new Bihn bags! I only have 7kg of luggage and managed to get it all in the A30 under 6kg, sleeping bag included!

12 Day Overland Safari with the A30 and Co-Pilot-img_2398-jpg

In the packing cubes/stuff sacks are 2 pants, 2 shorts, 1 short sleeve shirt, 2 long sleeve, 2 tank tops, 2 pairs of socks, rainjacket, 4 pairs of underwear, 2 sports bras, and 1 dress. The little green block is a travel towel, and the tiny thing next to it is a clothesline.

12 Day Overland Safari with the A30 and Co-Pilot-img_2399-jpg

12 Day Overland Safari with the A30 and Co-Pilot-img_2401-jpg

12 Day Overland Safari with the A30 and Co-Pilot-img_2403-jpg

Again, this all weighs in at less than 6kg!

Co-Pilot:
    12 Day Overland Safari with the A30 and Co-Pilot-img_2407-jpg

12 Day Overland Safari with the A30 and Co-Pilot-img_2409-jpg

I realized after taking this I'd forgotten my compact binos- they easily fit in the front right pocket.

Bihn luggage has seriously changed my travel for the better- last year I did 12 days in Europe with a cheap backpack I'd bought last minute, and while it was fine, I had to unpack and repack to get something at the bottom or middle because of the structure. Never again now that I have the A30!

Thanks to all of you on here for all your guidance!!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope you have a fantastic trip!

Once you're back, we'd love to hear what did and did not work out for you with the packing/organization/stuff
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the tail in the bottom photo. Have a wonderful trip! elisa

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An inspired packing job! Thanks for posting. Would suggest more camera batteries and plug in charger. I had a charger cable that plugged into the camera that died and the camera wouldn’t work.

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a very fine job in a very fine-looking bag! I see you've squished out the exterior pockets to favour the interior space. I wonder if you could zip one side and fit the sleeping bag into the exterior pocket -- I am just reflecting that it's nice to be able to pull out the bag while leaving everything else packed and away from insects, as well as when packing preserving the interior from anything that may get stuck on the sleeping bag like dirt or leaves or what have you. The pocket acts as a kind of compression too.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried this when my A30 came but unfortunately the bag is just a bit too spacious to fit exclusively in the pocket. I did expand out that side of the interior barrier to accommodate the bag in the interior area, but the other side is still zipped with a full exterior pocket available. I was able to fit my flip flops, towel, gloves, and clothesline in that one.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm back from my trip and pleased to report that my TB bags were absolutely perfect! The spiff kit was probably the standout, as it made it so easy to take all my stuff into the camp showers. We changed camps almost every day, and the A30 was so easy to repack every day. My only minor issue is how heavy my Co-Pilot got, as I had to load all my electronics into it so as not to exceed the weight limit on my A30 (though that was for naught, as no one weighed my luggage on any of my flights). I love the A30 because of the backpack straps and smart organization ability, but I still need to find a perfect day bag to use with it for future trips (where, admittedly, I will have a lot less stuff to lug around).

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to have opened this thread. Haha photos like these make my day.

Good to know that your A30 performed perfectly. Hope the trip went just as well!