Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Downeast Maine
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my coffee drippers. I have a couple of these, the one in you link & a red one that is a smidge larger. Havenít owned a coffee pot in decades.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only travel carry on and one way I am able is by reducing my toiletries.
    solid cologne
    solid shampoo/body wash
    88ml shave cream in a tube
    88ml sunscreen
    Marvis toothpaste
    i use small pots for things like face cream etc

Forum Member
    Bordeaux, Paris
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead of a clothesline, I carry a hank (25í ?) of parachute cord. I find it much more flexible to hang (it can go from the bathroom door to the window and back if necessary) than a short clothesline, and is good for so much else: replacing a broken shoelace, making an impromptu carry sling for a box, and even, with a knot app on my phone, providing free entertainment (not to mention new zipper-pulls...).

Minneapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    I empty my deodorant container into a tiny pot. I apply it with my finger and save a bunch of space in my bag!
    I did this for my last trip and have packed the same for Ireland. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.Ē ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    I empty my deodorant container into a tiny pot. I apply it with my finger and save a bunch of space in my bag!
    I also used this hack last month for a no baggage challenge, thank you for the idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to one of William Innes’ excellent seminars. He mentioned he does laundry with denture cleaner tablets. Anyone tried this and if so how long does it soak? He said it works great.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bring a Scrubba wash bag. Itís like a dry bag with an internal wash board. You add water, soap, and your dirty clothes; roll the top close; deflate it via air release valve; rub from the outside for a few minutes; dump the water; rinse; air dry. I feel that it cleans my clothes better than just hand washing.

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyPeas View Post
    I bring a Scrubba wash bag. It’s like a dry bag with an internal wash board. You add water, soap, and your dirty clothes; roll the top close; deflate it via air release valve; rub from the outside for a few minutes; dump the water; rinse; air dry. I feel that it cleans my clothes better than just hand washing.
    I recently discovered that Scrubba now sell a mini wash bag. It’s about half the size of the original and perfect for underwear and socks or a t-shirt....which is pretty much the extent of my travel laundry

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding on to the deodorant thing, I believe I saw it on these forums about using contact lens cases as travel size containers. On my last trip, I took 2 contact cases - 1 had my deodorant and face wash, the other had liquid makeup. For once it didn't leak all over the place as my other containers have been doing lately (grrrrr....), it was much flatter than a regular bottle would have been, so it tucked up against the side of my 3DOC without really taking up any room, and finally, being able to decant some of my deodorant into the contact case made for a handy use of excess product that was in the very bottom of the tube that I might normally throw away.
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nalgene makes a lot of small no-leak containers, you can buy them at REI, Container Store, etc.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    davenport, ia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Nalgene makes a lot of small no-leak containers, you can buy them at REI, Container Store, etc.
    Iíve sworn by these for years! never had one leak, and not for lack of opportunities. the 1oz round wide mouth bottles are my absolute favorite.

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessmakes View Post
    Adding on to the deodorant thing, I believe I saw it on these forums about using contact lens cases as travel size containers. On my last trip, I took 2 contact cases - 1 had my deodorant and face wash, the other had liquid makeup. For once it didn't leak all over the place as my other containers have been doing lately (grrrrr....), it was much flatter than a regular bottle would have been, so it tucked up against the side of my 3DOC without really taking up any room, and finally, being able to decant some of my deodorant into the contact case made for a handy use of excess product that was in the very bottom of the tube that I might normally throw away.
    I read about using eye contact container once ago and since I bought a cute apple shape contact container to hold face cleaner + moisister when overnight trip to close-ones home
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or wash, rinse, dry thoroughly and re-use

a used up lip balm container to carry :

a couple of mint or candies
    a DIY travel container for over the counter medicine
    a small quantity of cocoa, shea or conconut butter skin care

No longer used for their purpose contact lenses cases/cleaning cases.

tiny quantities of lip balm, skin care goo, moisturizer....
    instead of bringing lipstick which might melt, use lip balm and lip pencils,
    an eye pencil and mosturizer can make an eye shadow.

mint containers

minimalist eye shadow kit
    minimalist eye/lip pencil kit
    tiny watercolor set with primary colors, retractable brush and small upcycled water container.
    Washy tape and other journaling essentials like mini pens, small hole punches,

tictac containers small and flat enough for:

over the counter medecine holder,
    small office supplies,
    stamps and small stickers,

I would love to hear ideas to upcycle those containers, from other forum members.

I have been upcycling containers for a very long time, even before I became a Tom Bihn customer, it started with company promoting its product by adding beautifully decorated tins in its packages.

I discovered that household organizing stores, were charging pretty penny for containers that looked a lot like tins for mints or candies. I could have the mint or the candy then re-use the box.

The contemporary Minimalistic trend is, like all other trend, a way to make people buy trend specific stuff.

I gave up on trends a long time ago, to me, beige is not a color, but a shade to look my worse, tight clothing never fit right and are uncomfortable; too loose ones are an invitation to wardrobe malfunction.

Minimalist travel, however, takes advantage of modern pieces luggage and accessories and foldable/retractable accessories and the fact that pretty much everyone wears jeans or, business casual, all over the world, with regional flair added, usually climate dependent.

The days of Elizabeth Taylor's 20 pieces of luggage are over, for people who travel public transport via air, sea or land.

I has always been the case for people who need a maximum mobility, I doubt that Ida B. Wells-Barnett was carrying more than a travel bag and maybe one trunk, when she was kicked out of a first class train despite having a ticket.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    It actually was a Nalgene container - the dropper bottle. The dropper lid came off. Not the end of the world, but still.
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The salespeople at places like Nordstrom usually have very small bottles, tubs and atomizers for giving samples, they'll let you take a few for a travel kit. They're smaller than anything I have ever seen for sale commercially.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast