Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Sydney in March

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sydney in March

Hi!

I am planning a trip to Sydney on early March next year. Any must see/do to recommend?

As much as I'd like to take weeks to travel and visit, how much time should I plan on if I'm only planning to visit Sydney and the surrounding area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you going to anywhere else in Australia at all?

If you are just going to Sydney I suggest the following:

Sydney Opera House - take one of their tours. Depending on whether there are any productions on, you may even get to stand on the stage.
    Taronga zoo to see kangaroos, koalas and other Australian animals
    Day trip to the Blue mountains
    A coastal walk - either the Spit Bridge to Manly, or Bondi to Coogee are good. You'll end up at one of Sydney's surfing beaches.
    A ferry trip - maybe to Manly or to Taronga zoo
    Art Gallery of New South Wales or Museum of Contemporary Art, depending on your tastes
    Royal Botanic Gardens
    Historic buildings from the convict era (Hyde Park Barracks, the Mint, the Rocks)
    Sydney Harbour Bridge - there's a pedestrian path across it, or if you're adventurous, there's BridgeClimb
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second the ferry trip to manly, great way to see the harbour, the rocks area is good but can be a bit of tourist trap, but if your going to walk across the bridge you can grab lunch and a beer at the Australian hotel which is near the bridge entry.

You no longer need a local travel (opal) card as you can now tap on all buses, trains and ferries with a credit card

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

France
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to reply, but Denises great response almost matches my favourites in Sydney. Day trip to Hunter Valley for some wine tasting is only addition to offer.

Sorry forgot to add: boat trip to Watson Bay for lunch at Doyles (restaurant or takeaway).
    Last edited by BigBadD; 09-25-2019 at 09:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your replies! I'm starting to make my list. Australia is so big that it's impossible to see it all in 1 trip.

For trips outside of Sydney looks like I will want to rent a car. But for Sydney itself? Looks like parking is very expensive and traffic might be bad.

Do you think I should rent a car for the whole time? Or just for when I'm traveling out of Sydney?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would only rent a car when leaving Sydney, getting around Sydney is fairly easy on public transport.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

France
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to rent a car unless you are doing a very specific day trip. Sydney has good public transport. Even day trip to Blue Mountains is easy by train. If doing wine tasting tour then better to pay for organised trip and not to be driving!

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the others, don't rent a car to get around Sydney. If you go to the Blue Mountains and want to explore beyond Katoomba, Leura etc, a car could be useful, but you could also look at renting it there. There's a Hertz in Katoomba. Australia drives on the left-hand side of the road, which may also be a factor in your decision-making.
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What sort of things to you like to do? Travelling solo or with company?

Daisy
    (A Sydneysider :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Duggy'sMom View Post
    Hi!

I am planning a trip to Sydney on early March next year. Any must see/do to recommend?

As much as I'd like to take weeks to travel and visit, how much time should I plan on if I'm only planning to visit Sydney and the surrounding area?

List under construction ....