Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 day trip- Yeoman(large 72liters) with a cooler+S25

Here is a packing list for a 6 day work road trip I took in August. Background of trip is single location hotel stay with non-intense daily work in field. It was in semi-remote Northwoods thus needed to pack a lot due to minimal stores and restaurants within 50 miles.

My goals: Pack everything that I would need. Avoid the need for doing laundry. Bring majority of my food to avoid greasy bar food. Be prepared, but carry in one trip from truck

What I carried:
    S25 - Insulated gallon stainless water jug, dry food, empty LSB
    Large Yeoman with: Flip 12 cooler and ice packs, A45 Large mesh Packing Cube, A45 Large Laundry Packing Cube, DLBC, 3DOC, Pen/Pencil OP, essentials OP
    Main contents (been awhile so not exact): Shorts, Shirts, Socks, Underwear, Toiletries, Cooler (ice packs, food in stainless and glass food containers), eating utensils, briefcase papers and surface tablet.

6 day trip- Yeoman(large 72liters) with a cooler+S25-yeoman72-cooler-6-day-jpg

My essentials OP - utilitarian and could fit in a pocket if needed, very useful
    Pen/pencil OP, full sized toothbrush, pen, pen flashlight, battery, power adapter, euro plug adapter (cause I might accidently end up in Europe idk), usb cord (all my electronics are micro usb charged), health organizer (antacids, pepto-bismal pills, Tylenol, Lush toothy tabs-about 10, Lush mouthwash tabs-about 10)

6 day trip- Yeoman(large 72liters) with a cooler+S25-togo-op-jpg

What didn't work as planned: 2 large cubes of clothes were plenty. I didn't need my DLBC or its contents. I didn't need the 3DOC items, but I had the space. I overpacked a little. I need to fine tune packing healthy food that is travel worthy. I could pack with just essentials, but 97 liters for 6 days isn't too bad.

What worked better than planned: 2 ice packs in cooler kept refrigerator temps for 4 days. The cooler fit perfectly in the yeoman. I packed enough clothes to not wash.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    euro plug adapter (cause I might accidently end up in Europe idk).
    6 day trip- Yeoman(large 72liters) with a cooler+S25

fredletsTravels
    http://www.fredletsTravels.com
    #TeamUltraviolet

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm impressed - it never would have occurred to me to put the cooler INSIDE the Yeoman.
    Good idea on using the pencil OP for random toothbrush & toiletries too
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I'm impressed - it never would have occurred to me to put the cooler INSIDE the Yeoman.
    Good idea on using the pencil OP for random toothbrush & toiletries too
    Putting a cooler in the yeoman was a random thought I had to simplify the carry. It would allow me to keep cold some food if staying somewhere without a refrigerator to minimize restaurant dining. It also would me a leakproof, padded place to carry sensitive items in a checked bag if that need ever arose. This was my second time using cooler in yeoman and it worked nicely both times.

Using the pen/pencil OP. I wanted a compact pack of things that could last me 5 days plus bar of soap, phone, and clothes. Never know when a day trip requires an overnight stay, this prepares for that. I like simple.