Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Natick, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parental Unit for Everyday Carry

I use my PU as my one bag with clothes and shower stuff to use at gym, for carrying my teaching all day as a professor (iPad and papers), and my meals (usually a banana, and jerky or a perfect bar, and lunch (usually soup- today it was in a can; sometimes a sandwich, sometimes chicken salad with veggiesSmilie). I wanted to share how my PU has transitioned into an EDC long after my kiddo is in diapers. I really do believe it is my “one bag to rule them all.” In the upcoming week, I will share how it worked as my one bag for a multi day academic conference too!

This is what my hallway looks like the night before: my cape coat is laid out with work shoes that I carry in to gym, fully packed PU, and my CrossFit gear set out so I can change in hallway at 5:45am and not wake up the whole house.

Back of bag:
    1) Back small zip- iPhone
    Back big zip:
    2) In my toiletry kit is a lush shampoo bar that I use for my whole body, a foundation spf tube, mascara, deodorant in a contact case, hair brush.
    3) In my pacifier jujube holder I now use it to carry my jewelry.
    4) keys on the outside hook

Main compartment:
    1) my outfit for work is packed in a jujube wet bag (usually used for dirty cloth diapers). I pack a dress, tights, underclothes in it. When done at the gym I put on clean clothes and place my sweaty clothes in it and toss it in my car for the day rather than carry it around!
    2) I keep a Kleen kanteen bottle for both coffee and water throughout day.
    3) a can of soup
    4) camping towel for gym
    5) iPad Pro and papers to grade

Front of bag:
    1)Front zip- wallet
    Front big zip
    2) cutlery kit
    3) jerky, coffee to go packets, banana
    4) travel nylon shopping bag (sometimes I carry home library books in it)

After CrossFit I leave in the car: my sweaty clothes, gym shoes, my towel and banana peel.
    At work: I eat jerky and drink coffee and eventually at lunch I have my soup (recycle can there). I have a bowl and kitchen access at office so I rinse bowl for reuse everyday. I usually return papers and leave my iPad at office unless it is going into the weekend. I find that throughout the day my bag gets lighter. Then I get home after picking daughter up from school and fill the PU up againSmilie.

On the weekends it is even lighter with no iPad, gym gear, or toiletry kit- usually it is filled with kid snacks, kid sweater, and an extra water bottle.

\Parental Unit for Everyday Carry-0d87a1aa-d9c0-4c1b-bbf6-12cb4098d25f-jpeg

Parental Unit for Everyday Carry-eeef4239-27b8-484b-8c1b-89e37432a944-jpeg

Parental Unit for Everyday Carry-7a1df4d3-6780-427d-aa51-d3d202b8760b-jpeg

Parental Unit for Everyday Carry-cc79a0f4-5b58-4bee-9914-cc20e590a283-jpeg

Parental Unit for Everyday Carry-d9acdc82-bb1c-47c5-aaf8-c452fdf5fa4b-jpeg

Parental Unit for Everyday Carry-2c259f6a-812a-48e3-844e-9fe644e1d622-jpeg
    Last edited by nsh; 10-15-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this so much! It is so helpful to hear how others organize their things for efficiency. I often get caught up in the small details of how to get something done. It's cool to see how you stay on top of everything with the help of the PU. It's such a cool bag. I love your coat also. It is so cool!

Natick, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goblin View Post
    I love this so much! It is so helpful to hear how others organize their things for efficiency. I often get caught up in the small details of how to get something done. It's cool to see how you stay on top of everything with the help of the PU. It's such a cool bag. I love your coat also. It is so cool!
    Thank you �� The wool cape was a good thrift store find (12 dollars for wool and silk lined vintage cape!!!! there is still a bit of a moth ball aroma attached to it) and it is soooo warm and cozy, perfect for winter in New England! I had never considered a cape as a winter coat but I am a new cape convert! It also makes me feel like I am channeling my inner Nancy Drew/Sherlock sleuth when I wear it, though I have never solved a murder mystery in it...yet.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great post, thanks for sharing. My kids are still in the nappy phase (well one anyway) and I haven't got a PU but I feel like this is a really good post to support why it's not just a nappy bag and I should still get one!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsh View Post
    Thank you �� The wool cape was a good thrift store find (12 dollars for wool and silk lined vintage cape!!!! there is still a bit of a moth ball aroma attached to it) and it is soooo warm and cozy, perfect for winter in New England! I had never considered a cape as a winter coat but I am a new cape convert! It also makes me feel like I am channeling my inner Nancy Drew/Sherlock sleuth when I wear it, though I have never solved a murder mystery in it...yet.
    Wow! That's an incredible score. That sounds like the perfect cape for winter Smilie