Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arizona for 9 Days in December

Im chaperoning Grandma 1 on a short trip to my parents timeshare condo in Phoenix. Its important to say it that way because I cannot just run around doing whatever I want at top speed, I have to make sure shes taken care of and feels like shes doing and seeing things as well.

Ill probably pack in my A30, even though it will be a little overkill since we have laundry machines in the condo.

Packing list is as follows:

1 pair of jeans
    1 pair of shorts
    1 pair of yoga capris

2 t-shirts
    1 sleeveless button up blouse
    1 short sleeved button up blouse
    1 cardigan
    1 scarf
    1 set of sleepwear

2 bras (Knix, wireless and unlined)
    3 underwear
    2 pair of merino wool socks
    1 swim top, 2 bottoms

Solid shampoo (large GoTubb)
    Bar soap
    Solid toothpaste tabs
    Toothbrush
    Makeup (powder compact, mascara, lipstick, powder blush, two application brushes)
    Lily Cup Compact
    Hair brush
    Small case of hair ties, clips, pins
    Glasses case (containing cleaning supplies)
    Spare body jewelry (small GoTubb)
    Travel-size crystal deodorant
    Travel-size pack of Q-tips
    Tweezers

Flip flops
    Minimalist running shoes
    Leather shoes

iPhone and charger
    Camera, 2 lenses, and charger
    Wireless headphones
    Gorillapod tripod
    Fitbit versa and charger
    Kobo eReader

Niks minimalist wallet
    Passport
    Stainless steel straw
    Ballpoint pen
    Keys on 8 key strap

This list will probably leave room for my SK to fit in an end pocket of the A30, but I like having my EDC stuff in easy reach at my hip too much to tuck it away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd definitely add a sunhat and sunscreen to your list. The sun in Phoenix is a lot stronger than that in Alberta. I've made the mistake of skipping them, thinking it's winter, I'll be fine. I wasn't.
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small caf bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind that evenings and mornings in Phoenix in December can be very chilly. You will probably need a jacket and/or sweater for part of the day, then peel off the layers when it warms up.

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done. You two girls take care of each other!

Please post a follow up when you return to let us know if your packing list should change before your next trip with or without your grandmother.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You 100% need a coat. I had a home in Scottsdale for many years. Some years at Xmas we sat at the pool and one year I played golf while it was snowing. When the sun goes down at night it gets cold, cold, cold. If you have a lightweight packable down jacket like a Patagonia one, bring it.

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tebnewyork View Post
    You 100% need a coat. I had a home in Scottsdale for many years. Some years at Xmas we sat at the pool and one year I played golf while it was snowing. When the sun goes down at night it gets cold, cold, cold. If you have a lightweight packable down jacket like a Patagonia one, bring it.
    That's good to know, I'll pass that on to my Grandma as well. I do have a packable down coat. Thanks for the tip!

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flitcraft View Post
    I'd definitely add a sunhat and sunscreen to your list. The sun in Phoenix is a lot stronger than that in Alberta. I've made the mistake of skipping them, thinking it's winter, I'll be fine. I wasn't.
    I'm not usually a hat person, but if I'm out walking or hiking I might wear a Buff on my head just to cover my scalp and ears. I'll add that to my packing list.

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other night Grandma and I were researching things to do while we are in Arizona, and have booked ourselves tickets to the symphony and a play. I haven't yet decided if I'll bring a dress or accessories to dress up a blouse and jeans for two evenings out.