Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realized I unconsciously work from a formula calculated based on the number of days I'll be away. I might need to just pack outfit by outfit if I have a specific event in mind, but I try to build an event outfit out of stuff from the basic list.

underwear: days + 1, maximum of 7

socks = days/2 +1, maximum of 5

undershirts/tanks AKA base layer = days/2, maximum of 4

shirts = days/3, maximum of 3

completers (sweaters, blazers) = days/3, maximum of 2

pants/skirts = days/3, maximum 3

dresses = 1 and only if absolutely necessary

pajamas = 1

shoes = 3 (1 shower shoes, 1 sneakers, 1 nicer)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this article on Carryology: https://www.carryology.com/travel/ho...sule-wardrobe/

While I am not quite ready to pack only an extra shirt and pair of underwear, I've been trying to see how minimalist (and light) I can go. Right now it's 3-4 tees, an extra pair of jeans, 3-4 pairs of underwear, an extra bra, an old tee and pair of boxers for sleeping in, and an extra pair of shoes like sandals, in addition to my travel outfit - jeans, tee, sweater, sneakers/doc martens. Most of my travel of late has been vacation travel to warmer climates.

Winona, MN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've spent the afternoon playing around with my packing list for an upcoming 10-day trip to Peru, where I'll be attending an academic conference then doing touristy stuff. This is what I've settled on:
    3 dresses
    2 pairs of pants
    2 tank tops
    1 long sleeve tee
    1 cashmere cardigan
    1 silk cardigan
    1 pair of leggings (mostly for sleeping, but can also double as tights under dresses for chilly mountain nights)
    = 10 items of clothing
    For the rest I have:
    3 pairs of shoes: birkenstock sandals, oxfords and heeled clogs (I need of mix of comfy for lots of walking/ waterproof/ dressy)
    1 tee for sleeping only
    1 windbreaker
    1 pair of wool socks for the plane
    4 pairs of underwear: 2 cotton and 2 ex-officio super fast drying mesh. I could probably get by with just the ex-officio ones, but I like having back up in case I don't feel like washing them every night.
    Edited to add: these will all fit in my WF with room for toiletries in my CQPC

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pack as if I'm trying to go a week without doing laundry; if I'm ever anywhere > one week-ish I plan on doing laundry.

What I've found is this saves me on how much I need to pack, which saves weight and space. It also means I never have a pile of dirty clothes with me (unless it's the final day of the trip). Anyway, it's an inevitable thing that when you travel for a longer period of time there is going to come a day where you just want to veg out. This day is perfect to do some laundry!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2