Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overpacking for Disney

Child free woman headed to the new Star Wars thing with too much stuff!

Wearing jeans, t shirt, hoodie, bulky sneakers.

Packed:
    Nordic SE in-flight bag
    3doc of toiletries
    hair brush
    mini umbrella because they're calling for rain this week

Brown crappy park bag I hope to replace with an icon some day (packed with a light Merino cardigan and ZTSB)
    Baseball hat, second sun hat
    TT with pajamas
    Another umbrella because I'm experimenting to see if I prefer a tiny manual one or this slightly larger push button one
    SE with underwear and wool crew socks
    PCSB with jeans & t shirts

Crocs sandals
    Faster drying sneakers (rain!)
    wool ankle socks

I'll slide my laptop into the backpack strap compartment

Overpacking for Disney-img_20191209_195140-jpg

Yes, it all fits with a little wiggle room. And if I need extra room omw home, I have the park bag or the ztsb to use as a personal item.

Overpacking for Disney-img_20191209_195626-jpg

Not taking a travel mug because I intend to buy a new one there!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    Child free woman headed to the new Star Wars thing with too much stuff!
    Is that an A30 or A45? And how long are you going for?
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an A30, packed for four days. Smilie

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live near Disney World. Don't bring an umbrella. Buy a cheap rain poncho when you get here. When it rains here is POURS and an umbrella is useless.

Bring one pair of fast drying (or waterproof) sneakers and wear them. Pack the Crocs.

The weather was 50F 2 days ago and 85F today, so bring layers. If it wasn't getting cold, I would tell you to not even bother with the sneakers and just bring waterproof sandals.

I don't know if you have any travel pants, but jeans are awful here. If it's hot, they absorb moisture and get baggy. If it rains, they don't dry. If you have any nylon travel pants, bring those instead of the jeans.

I like merino wool T-shirts this time of year, but polyester performance T-shirts are also good as they dry fast and sometimes repel water.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was at Universal last year and it poured the whole time. It was a frickin Monsoon. Umbrella worked for me in that, although my friend bought a poncho. I'm gonna try umbrella again, but if I need a poncho, I'll happily add one.

The jeans are travel jeans -- fast drying and stretchy. I wore cotton jeans in the Universal Monsoon, had to use the hotel dryer to make them wearable again. And, yeah, Merino tanks under linen t-shirts because perimenopause makes me a collector of moisture wicking layers.

I learned at the Universal Monsoon that non-cotton sneakers and wool socks are great in the rain. But not bamboo or modal socks, which wick sufficiently and dry faster than cotton, but lack wool's temperature regulation powers! I have a pair of Merrell waterproof boots that are a lot like sneakers. Maybe I'll test those out instead of the clunky sneakers.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waterproof boots and wool socks are a good idea. I've been wearing short boots and wool socks on the days when its been 50F in the morning and 85F by afternoon and been relatively comfortable. Travel jeans probably have enough non-cotton fibers to work.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a great time! I really like Frogg Toggs ponchos. They’re breathable and I can wear my backpack underneath them. I’ve purchased many a Disney poncho at the parks, and while they keep me dry, I get hot and sweaty wearing them. Last month we spent nine days at Walt Disney World and I used my poncho a couple of times during rain. The rain wasn’t bad, just bad enough to shut down the Skyliner for a few hours due to lightning.

Enjoy Rise of the Resistance. I look forward to riding it in February when Mr. pammy and I take our kids and grandkids to Disneyland.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a magical trip... I miss Florida!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opinion (as a guy) is to bring pockets and forego the in park bag if possible. It doesn't always work for the missus, but it's very liberating when I can convince her to leave the bag behind. No bag check lanes, no bags to keep an eye on, etc...

In the parks themselves, you often don't need to have much with with you. I didn't even bring a wallet. My phone case holds two cards (Drivers License and a credit card), my watch (with Apple Pay) and Magic Band covered all of our purchasing or other needs.

If it rains, we either ducked into something (store, indoor ride, etc...) or, just got wet. Days it was cold or calling for cold, we'd wear a sweater. If it got hot, we took it off and just tied it around our waist (ala the 80's). Cold, put it back on. Shopping we either shipped back to the hotel (benefit of staying on Disney property) or shipped to the front of the park.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
    My opinion (as a guy) is to bring pockets and forego the in park bag if possible. It doesn't always work for the missus, but it's very liberating when I can convince her to leave the bag behind. No bag check lanes, no bags to keep an eye on, etc...

In the parks themselves, you often don't need to have much with with you. I didn't even bring a wallet. My phone case holds two cards (Drivers License and a credit card), my watch (with Apple Pay) and Magic Band covered all of our purchasing or other needs.

If it rains, we either ducked into something (store, indoor ride, etc...) or, just got wet. Days it was cold or calling for cold, we'd wear a sweater. If it got hot, we took it off and just tied it around our waist (ala the 80's). Cold, put it back on. Shopping we either shipped back to the hotel (benefit of staying on Disney property) or shipped to the front of the park.
    Don't even start me on the lack of pockets in women's clothing......... which is why most of what I wear is actually aimed at men Overpacking for Disney

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    Don't even start me on the lack of pockets in women's clothing......... which is why most of what I wear is actually aimed at men Overpacking for Disney
    SO - MUCH - THIS

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current status: 70° and raining at the magic kingdom, and I am so glad I brought these waterproof boots!