Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overnight work trip with the Synapse 19

Good times await in Skokie, Illinois, and it's quite possible that my iPhone camera skillz have improved marginally.

Items, clockwise from top left:
    • Synapse 19 in 200D Steel Dyneema, Solar interior
    • 15" unibody MacBook Pro (I will slip into a sleeve for transport)
    • 27-ounce Klean Kanteen in Black (duh)
    • One-half pound of Colectivo Black and Tan whole-bean coffee, a belated birthday gift for a colleague
    • Moleskine notebook, hard-bound, size Large
    • Pilot G-2 Limited pen, Silver
    • Power brick for laptop
    • Organizer Pouch, size Small, in Steel Dyneema (contents: hand sanitizer, mints, and Advil. Lots of Advil.)
    • Stuff Sack, size 1, in Solar Dyneema (contents: contacts, toothbrush, toothpaste, hair product, shower gel, Q-tips, packet of tropical-flavor Emergen-C)
    • Western Flyer Small Packing Cube, All-fabric (contents: T-shirt, cotton-cashmere sweater, socks and chonies)

Minutiae:
    • I am attending a conference with relatively low sartorial standards. I'm presenting on the first day, so I'll wear my fancy-fancies to the site.
    • My fleece jacket and hat will ride along with me in the car.
    • I finished my Prezi weeks ahead of time! No all-nighter for this Badger, at least not this year.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great picture!

Forum Member
    Chattanooga, TN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome picture

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, great list and pic, thanks for sharing your experience. How much did your pack weigh? I would never be that prepared to have my talk ready that far in advance! Smilie

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anniegill View Post
    Wow, great list and pic, thanks for sharing your experience. How much did your pack weigh? I would never be that prepared to have my talk ready that far in advance! Smilie
    Thanks; glad you liked the pic. I didn't weigh the pack but I'd estimate it was about 11 pounds.

Regarding my talk: believe me, I'm generally not what you'd call an advance planner. The worst was finishing my paper in the taxi on the way to the conference. Not to be repeated, ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Badger; I know this is a very old thread, but I'm curious: from the way you laid it out in the photo, it seems like you used the WF small packing cube in vertical orientation into the S19, is that so? Would it fit in horizontal orientation as well?

I'm thinking of getting a WF small packing cube for use in the bottom 2/3 of the S19's main compartment, leaving room for a SE in the top 1/3.

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yvandermeer View Post
    Would [the WF small packing cube] fit in horizontal orientation as well?
    I have a an S19 and different brand of packing cube that's almost exactly the same size as the WF small; if nobody else gets to it, I should get to try it and take a photo tonight.

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yvandermeer View Post
    Would it fit in horizontal orientation as well?
    Looks like that is a "yes". The cube in question is almost identical to a WF small: 11.8 x 9.1 x 3.5 inches (vs WF S being 11.8 x 8.7 x 3.1 inches).
    In these photos, it's not stuffed tight, but it fits pretty easily in the bottom with a bunch of clearance at the top, and I don't think it cut into the front pockets at all. I don't think you'd have any room to put anything substantial "behind" it.

HTH!

Overnight work trip with the Synapse 19-img_20191120_204223-jpgOvernight work trip with the Synapse 19-img_20191120_204254-jpg

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x3n0n View Post
    Looks like that is a "yes". The cube in question is almost identical to a WF small: 11.8 x 9.1 x 3.5 inches (vs WF S being 11.8 x 8.7 x 3.1 inches).
    In these photos, it's not stuffed tight, but it fits pretty easily in the bottom with a bunch of clearance at the top, and I don't think it cut into the front pockets at all. I don't think you'd have any room to put anything substantial "behind" it.

HTH!
    Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to check and even photograph this for me! Great to know it fits, looks like there's plenty of space for a Side Effect above the packing cube in the main compartment. Just as I had hoped. Cool

I ordered the WF small packing cube – I'll report back with some photos myself once I've received it.

Thanks again!