Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travel hair dryer diffuser recommendations?

Hi all. I have naturally curly hair and have recently started drying my hair with a diffuser. If you do this, you're familiar with how big and bulky this attachment is. I was wondering if anyone's found a travel diffuser that works well, takes up little room, and can be attached to most hair dryers? Thanks for any advice!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. And even if they're smaller, they are very heavy. I now go with curl gel and damp hair, but I would understand your dilemma if you need it for work travel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently they make diffusers that are like a sock you stick on the end of your hair dryer:
    Amazon.com: Babyliss Conairpro Mitt Diffuser: Beauty
    Amazon.com: Hot Sock Diffuser (PACK OF 2): Health & Personal Care

I don't have any personal experience with these since I don't blow-dry my hair, but it might be an option to look into.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like someone also does silicone diffusers that look more like normal diffusers, but are foldable like camping bowls:
    I Could Blush...: The Universe Sends Me Something Universal

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, how about that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Ms. Ferret! I saw the mitt diffusers. Their size for travel would be ideal, but I'm not sure how well they perform. That collapsable silcone diffuser though looks great. I might check out Sally's this weekend.

Monkeylady, I used to do the hiar gel and air dry when my hair was longer. I recently had it cut to above shoulder length, and I just can't get a decent style with air drying. Diffuser drying seems to do the trick though.

Thanks again, ladies!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    either you look for a diffuser that suits your current hair dryer or buy a new one with its diffuser. I read something about the best hair dryer for curly hair and it sheds light on th importance of a diffuser for curly hair How To Choose The Best Hair Dryer For Curly Hair