Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pvn View Post
    Once you get an appointment, you can do a walk-in interview. They will NOT accept you as a walk in if you don't have an appointment on the books, though.
    Do you know if you can only walk in at the location where your appt is scheduled, or can you walk in at any location?
    A45 - Black Halcyon/NWS MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! TC - Viridian/Dawn TT - UV/Sitka/Monarch

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a LCB or MCB in original Nordic. Okay fine, anything in original NORDIC.

Connecticut
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessmakes View Post
    Do you know if you can only walk in at the location where your appt is scheduled, or can you walk in at any location?
    When you make the appointment, you specify the location.
    --------------------------------

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    When you make the appointment, you specify the location.
    Yes, I know that part, but just didn't know if, for example, you had an appt schedule at one location but realized you'd be close to another location and tried to walk in there, if that would be an option.
    A45 - Black Halcyon/NWS MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! TC - Viridian/Dawn TT - UV/Sitka/Monarch

Heartís desire: a LCB or MCB in original Nordic. Okay fine, anything in original NORDIC.

Connecticut
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understood, but I don't think anyone would know that. Also, it would be odd in my opinion. Like making dinner reservations at one location of a restaurant and showing up to another - you aren't getting a table. The TSA reservations are on a tight timeline - you sit in a waiting room and get called in pretty much on time.
    --------------------------------

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure if they would take you at a different location or not. I suspect it would depend on how busy that location is. My local office is never very busy and basically everyone I've talked to who tried it was able to walk in and wait less than 15 minutes.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone that cares, we submitted our applications on 1/27 and got approval to schedule interviews on today, 2/1. The first available appts at our airport of choice were 2/4, and there were plenty of openings for when we are in San Diego on vaca at the end of February. I’m thrilled that the timeline is much shorter than it used to be!

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPODA View Post
    Hi All,

I live in Europe but have to travel to the states a few times a year, usually through Atlanta. I tried to apply for Global Entry but the online form kept changing my birthday before I submitted. Plus, it would have been very difficult to schedule an appointment, especially since there are no locations in Europe to interview (at least not that I could find)!
    The US Embassy in London does interviews. Or at least they did a couple years ago.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessmakes View Post
    For anyone that cares, we submitted our applications on 1/27 and got approval to schedule interviews on today, 2/1. The first available appts at our airport of choice were 2/4, and there were plenty of openings for when we are in San Diego on vaca at the end of February. I’m thrilled that the timeline is much shorter than it used to be!
    The end of the story - we had our appts on 2/27 in San Diego (took about an hour) and received our approval emails on 3/1.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My husband and I were pre-approved in late February. The airport 20 minutes from our house didn't have any appointments available until June and we're traveling internationally in April. As a backup, I had an appointment at an airport 2 hours away for today, but walked in to the nearby airport with my husband last Wednesday and were approved and done in less than 15 minutes. The agent wasn't thrilled that we were walk-ins and I know not every location allows walk-ins. So, even if you have an appointment at one airport, you can still walk in to another one.

My kids were pre-approved before the government shutdown and they did their interviews on arrival in Miami in February. We had to wait 5-10 minutes for those but they went well, too. I would have just done interviews on arrival for my husband and myself, too, but we're flying from Dublin and their preclearance facility doesn't do Global Entry interviews on arrival.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saleenl View Post
    My husband and I were pre-approved in late February. The airport 20 minutes from our house didn't have any appointments available until June and we're traveling internationally in April. As a backup, I had an appointment at an airport 2 hours away for today, but walked in to the nearby airport with my husband last Wednesday and were approved and done in less than 15 minutes. The agent wasn't thrilled that we were walk-ins and I know not every location allows walk-ins. So, even if you have an appointment at one airport, you can still walk in to another one.

My kids were pre-approved before the government shutdown and they did their interviews on arrival in Miami in February. We had to wait 5-10 minutes for those but they went well, too. I would have just done interviews on arrival for my husband and myself, too, but we're flying from Dublin and their preclearance facility doesn't do Global Entry interviews on arrival.
    Welcome to the Forums @saleeni!
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too!

Forum Member
    Southeastern NC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I made appointments for interview at the closest site-about 4 hours away. The interviews are done sporadically locally but unpredictably. The interviews were over in a total of 15 minutes. My wife went in first and took about 10 minutes. When I went in, I was asked - are you here for the same reason? When I replied yes, the interviewer got my fingerprints and we were done. This airport office (they have 2 offices doing interviews) were taking walk-ins but those with appointments were taken first and the walk-ins were first come first served. They were told about what time to return to the office if they did not want to wait.

Digital Nomad
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, I just renewed my Global Entry and they didn't even bother with an interview. It went right to approved.

Minneapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bouncing View Post
    FWIW, I just renewed my Global Entry and they didn't even bother with an interview. It went right to approved.
    I was wondering what the renewal process might be like. I didn't know if it was the whole application all over, or something more streamlined--good to know that I might get lucky and it will be very quick when mine expires next year.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.Ē ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Digital Nomad
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kathryn View Post
    I was wondering what the renewal process might be like. I didn't know if it was the whole application all over, or something more streamlined--good to know that I might get lucky and it will be very quick when mine expires next year.
    In my experience, it was the whole application all over again, but it was already pre-filled out. You just had to add what was changed or new in the last 5 years, add extra detail now required in some things, and hit submit. So it wasn't too bad.

In some cases, an interview is apparently necessary for renewal. In my case, it was approved without an interview, which came as some relief, since I don't live in the US.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bouncing View Post
    In my experience, it was the whole application all over again, but it was already pre-filled out. You just had to add what was changed or new in the last 5 years, add extra detail now required in some things, and hit submit. So it wasn't too bad.

In some cases, an interview is apparently necessary for renewal. In my case, it was approved without an interview, which came as some relief, since I don't live in the US.
    As an FYI, the Nexus renewal tends to be the exact opposite. You just submit that you want to renew, you donít need to fill out a new application, but you do have to wait for an interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast