Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On one of my recent flights I had issues with the TSA - they got mad I left my laptop in my backpack and pulled my bad even though I had TSAPre. I think they did it because I only had a small (20l) backpack, so not much to go through. Thank goodness for packing cubes since the person seemed determined to empty my bag to get to the laptop.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CEB is right. Lots of people travel without on-board luggage for all kinds of reasons--they'd be hassling people right and left if that were all it took. After my husband's heart surgery, I'd carry all the on-board stuff, leaving him with a ticket and his ID only. He was a little sorry to see the end of those days--I make him carry his own carry-ons now!
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vecturist View Post
    On one of my recent flights I had issues with the TSA - they got mad I left my laptop in my backpack and pulled my bad even though I had TSAPre. I think they did it because I only had a small (20l) backpack, so not much to go through. Thank goodness for packing cubes since the person seemed determined to empty my bag to get to the laptop.
    Wow, how rude! If you have PreCheck, you are supposed to be allowed to run your laptop through the metal detector/X-ray with it in the carry-on. Hopefully they just had a bad day.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Wow, how rude! If you have PreCheck, you are supposed to be allowed to run your laptop through the metal detector/X-ray with it in the carry-on. Hopefully they just had a bad day.
    Kinda-sorta. The TSA goons can still decide that they want to look into your bags based upon something they think they see on the x-ray OR randomly - i.e. every 12th passenger gets checked from 10 to 12 and every 17th passenger from 12 to 2.
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceb View Post
    Kinda-sorta. The TSA goons can still decide that they want to look into your bags based upon something they think they see on the x-ray OR randomly - i.e. every 12th passenger gets checked from 10 to 12 and every 17th passenger from 12 to 2.
    Now that you mentioned it, my husband won that random selection lottery and they pulled him out of the PreCheck queue after he went through the metal detector.

I guess they have to look like they're working, since they fail at noticing actual contraband in people's carry-ons.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dad would get hassled in the 80's and 90's for too-little luggage. he had a single brown bag, probably the size of a WF - he would bring underwear that was on its way out and just toss it, only brought 1 change of clothes, and didn't really buy souvenirs or take pictures. That raised a flag a few times, even though he was a 40's/50's white guy.
    These days, he travels almost as light, but I think he usually has a small digital camera, and he's usually doing research, so he has reading/academic materials, I don't think he's been asked "where's your luggage" in awhile though... mostly gripes about his (all plastic, specifically FOR airport security) suspenders that he doesn't want to take off, because he doesn't want to moon the TSA.

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No issues in Costa Rica or Fort Lauderdale customs flying with only a Western Flyer last week.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3