Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever Use Shopping Bag as Laundry Bag

Laundry piles up for our family of 5. Anyone have a laundry bag strategy? Anyone use the Shop Bag to haul to laundromats or collect laundry in rooms? Thanks.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dond View Post
    Laundry piles up for our family of 5. Anyone have a laundry bag strategy? Anyone use the Shop Bag to haul to laundromats or collect laundry in rooms? Thanks.
    Er... why not? The large SB is rather big and can hold very heavy things. I've carried 7 hardcover books at least 2" thick in the LSB and it didn't break. You'll probably need like 3 LSBs for 5 people's worth of accumulated laundry though, and of course there are factors like whether you wear jeans (bulky), the size of your clothing, etc.

And I guess if you wanted to go into backpack mode, you could use your Brain Bag if you have one. I've used it as carry-on luggage before and it holds an insane amount.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have when RVing, or at summer camp (dh and I are staff at The Rock | A Christ-centered Summer Camp Adventure in North Carolina, and previously Higher Ground Summer Camp | Christian Summer Camp serving TN > NC > GA > SC > VA) used Shop bags for laundry, both to collect dirty, and to carry cleaned and folded laundry. They work well in the large size for this. Small shop bags work well as bathhouse bags to keep the toiletries contained and clothing and towels clear of the (sometimes wet) bathhouse floor.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I've also used large shop bags for laundry when camping, we also tend to use the large IKEA bags that you inevitably end up with after shopping there.

Their larger size is great for masses of clothes (although not as comfortable to carry when heavy).

A new product offering opportunity from TB: Extra Large IKEA Shop Bag (ELISB).

Hate to think how much dyneema would be used in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    Although I've also used large shop bags for laundry when camping, we also tend to use the large IKEA bags that you inevitably end up with after shopping there.
    I do this as well. A combination of plastic laundry bins and then masses of clean laundry needing folding in the IKEA bags. Nothing like that unique plastic rustle of a big blue IKEA bag.

I don't have the laundry system figured out as well as I'd like. With 5 in the home, I tip my hat to you and wish you good luck!

P.S. I think Perseffect's idea of an ELISB in Dyneema would be great!