Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    MA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to carry everything I would need to be comfortable overnight every day with the exception of clothing.

Alarm (on my watch)
    Tooth paste/brush
    Deodorant
    Soap

This is really all I would "need" to be comfortable and is in my possession each time I leave the house in my EDC bag. I would prefer to have a change of clothes (shirt, underwear etc.) but could be OK for one night without. I also would like my phone charger but I generally have that with me at all times as well.

Michigan, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Is this still about "ups I am at my dads unplaned and what can I possible have with me to make this more pleasent next time?" Or are we at "the world is a dangerus place with numerus things that might happen unexpected and how can we be prepeared for that?"
    I just think it's funny to see how this thread has evolved. I started the thread to see what (or how much) people need to feel comfortable when away from home for a short time. But for some, I guess that means being prepared for all possible scenarios!

I do have a Band-Aid brand First Aid Kit in my car, though it's still in the plastic and I have no idea what's in there. I also keep a blanket in my car, though that's more for a "picnic emergency" than anything else
    kindness is contagious.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bermudajes View Post
    I just think it's funny to see how this thread has evolved. I started the thread to see what (or how much) people need to feel comfortable when away from home for a short time. But for some, I guess that means being prepared for all possible scenarios!

I do have a Band-Aid brand First Aid Kit in my car, though it's still in the plastic and I have no idea what's in there. I also keep a blanket in my car, though that's more for a "picnic emergency" than anything else
    If a zombie apocalypse happens, I'm screwed. But, my car is large and I could take shelter unless I see a tornado.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    davenport, ia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for the barest essentials, i just grab my travel kit (it's always packed and ready to roll with toiletries, phone charger, a little fallback cash & credit card, a pair of icebreaker drawers & wool socks), a small YSS that's always packed with a week supply of my daily meds (also gets zipped into the travel kit), and whatever handbag i'm using at the time (either my imago or one of a couple fancy leather bags). if i'm overnighting/weekending, i'll also throw in a spare shirt and some shorts/leggings to sleep in depending on whose company i'll be in. everything fits into a shop bag or DLBP.

my travel kit could probably be reduced in size, but tbh, it works so well that i'm reluctant to switch until it starts disintegrating (it's an ancient eagle creek hanging kit that i've been using......probably 15 years now?? still going strong).

i should probably get a more thorough emergency kit put together for our home and cars, especially for the fairly brutal winters here. i have a small one in my own car with some probars, jumper cables, tools, reflective safety vest, blankets, windshield washer fluid, and some other bits and bobs. my other half has a car that gets stuck a lot more easily in deep snow than mine (PRAISE THEE, SUBARU), but seems blissfully unconcerned about taking off without so much as a shovel or boots in the winter.
    Last edited by capncat; 07-01-2015 at 12:43 PM.

North of the TB Mothership
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My grandma taught me just about anything can be borrowed and you can wash out your unders in the sink or a machine if someone has one. So for me I can stay just about anywhere a night or two if I can just get a toothbrush of my own. If there is no toothbrush an apple or baking soda and finger will do.

There is something to sleep on in every room in my house and a drawer full of toothbrushes and big t-shirts and comfy pants I give/lend out to friends who stay at the drop of a hat.

For emergencies, the red cross recommended earthquake bag is under the bed with a hand crank lantern/radio/charger and all the camping equipment is in totes in a closet. Batteries and water, however, seem to constantly get raided and not rapidly replaced. Need to work on that. Clothing would have to be packed before bugging out. Paperwork, however, gets to fend for itself in the fire safe. Probably should make copies.

Of course for us, it's really the 8 year old and the computer that are the priority for getting out in an emergency.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltgirl View Post
    My grandma taught me just about anything can be borrowed and you can wash out your unders in the sink or a machine if someone has one. So for me I can stay just about anywhere a night or two if I can just get a toothbrush of my own. If there is no toothbrush an apple or baking soda and finger will do.

There is something to sleep on in every room in my house and a drawer full of toothbrushes and big t-shirts and comfy pants I give/lend out to friends who stay at the drop of a hat.

For emergencies, the red cross recommended earthquake bag is under the bed with a hand crank lantern/radio/charger and all the camping equipment is in totes in a closet. Batteries and water, however, seem to constantly get raided and not rapidly replaced. Need to work on that. Clothing would have to be packed before bugging out. Paperwork, however, gets to fend for itself in the fire safe. Probably should make copies.

Of course for us, it's really the 8 year old and the computer that are the priority for getting out in an emergency.
    One thing I think is good nowadays is so many photos are stored "in the cloud". I've even taken photos of photos just to make sure I have pics of grandparents, us as kids, etc. For most family pics, someone has some of them.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point and the copies - not the originals - should be stored off-site. Front and back of all IDs and credit cards
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Vancouver, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A shirt, a pair of undies, a toothbrush and deodorant, along with my Side Effect -- I'd be OK for one or two days. If I wanted to be really comfortable, I'd add toothpaste, floss and flip-flops.

Minneapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My grandma taught me just about anything can be borrowed...
    And if you remember to bring your towel this is definitely true, hoopy frood.
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares. ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Concerning the zombie apocalypse - just thought of this thread when on Facebook and saw an ad for a zombie cruise next year on Norwegian Cruise Line! (I'm posting not to promote but because it's a true cruise and I think it's funny! You all have your packing lists!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3