Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Small Lunch Bag

Forum Member
    Atlanta, GA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small Lunch Bag

Iím looking for a small lunch bag. Iíd like something that was insulated, soft sided, could hold maybe one sandwich, a few grapes/chips and maybe an energy bar or two. I generally donít eat much while at work and most of the bags Iíve seen look a little large.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IZC...5-L&ref=plSrch

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out various options at reuseit.com. The Ore bag looks simple enough and is insulated. I've gotten many awesome reusable goodies from them over the years

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep hoping Tom will make the lunch bag of my dreams*, but until then - I have been using a size 4 Yarn Stuff Sack. You could pick the YSS/Travel Stuff Sack size that works best for your setup. For insulation: I add an ice pack for cold things, and use a vacuum jug for hot things.

(The Container Store carries various ice pack configurations. I got our insulated containers at a camping-goods store, but Klean Kanteen and U-Konserve offer similar options.)

Previously I used a Built NY neoprene bag, but it didn't insulate very well and absorbed stains and odors despite regular washing. I also steer away from the insulated bags with metallic linings, as I read about some concerns that certain brands had lead in them. - Also my past experience has been that the vinyl lining tends to tear after a while. But ymmv. :0)

*about the size of a size 4 YSS but wider around, so that it can hold both vertical and horizontal containers at the same time - e.g. a 20 oz. Klean Kanteen and a rectangular lunch container - think LunchBot - or a vacuum jug for hot/cold foods, plus a sandwich, or snacks/fruit, stacked on top of the container. O-ring on the outside so that I can leash the sack to my bag. O-ring on the opposite side so I can attach a handle loop. Maybe the same O-rings can be used to tether an insulated sleeve on the *outside* - means the Dyneema can easily be removed and cleaned, without getting the insulator dirty.

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though not insulated, I use a Smart Alec - Lower Module Pocket as a very thin and compact Lunch bag. I use a key strap attached to the top 2 gatekeeper clips as a handle or just clip on a shoulder stap if I want. For the other lower gatekeeper clips, I just velcro'ed them to each other.
    YMMV but it makes my lunch bag as thin as can be and narrow - good to fit in my already narrow Cadet or Ristretto.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up the Embark Basic Lunch Sack - Black from Target for $5. It has worked out well. It even fits in the center water bottle pocket of my Synapse 25 which is why I got it. Embark Basic Lunch Sack - Black : Target

Forum Member
    Denver, CO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might look on Etsy. I found the lunch bag I'm currently using, which is a large version of what you want. Many of the sellers will custom make a bag to whatever size you want and with a choice of fabric designs.