Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Singapore
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Packing tips needed - Packing Heels...

Anyone happen to have tips for packing heels? I usually carry two heels in my A45 but i do find that it is horrendously space eater... 3.5" and 4" heels and I don't like the look of the heels protruding against the end pockets...

While it is infinitely easier not to bring heels but i do need them for work.. Wonder if any wonder woman has any tips on this area?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeana View Post
    Anyone happen to have tips for packing heels? I usually carry two heels in my A45 but i do find that it is horrendously space eater... 3.5" and 4" heels and I don't like the look of the heels protruding against the end pockets...

While it is infinitely easier not to bring heels but i do need them for work.. Wonder if any wonder woman has any tips on this area?
    Could you overlap(heel onto toe) them so as to create a square,wrap with a scarf/socks...to stabilise. Perhaps overwrap with a bag.Then place in A45? Just my thought so they don't gouge surrounding items.

Peace!

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like roarmouse's suggestion. Another way to pack shoes is to use shower caps -- they take up no extra room.

Did you need to pack two pairs? One thing I would suggest is to just pack a single pair, but purchase embellishments--clips you put on your shoes, like bows, to give the illusion that you have more than one pair of shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I have to pack heels for travel to social events, I have packed them in their original boxes but used all the extra space in the boxes to hold socks, medicine, etc. That way at least the packing volume is the same. I pack into a rolling suitcase, though, not a TB bag for the check-in.

Forum Member
    davenport, ia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    generally I try to avoid heels at all costs (heh). When I have had to pack them, I've done the heel-toe trick mentioned previously, stuffed each shoe with socks/drawers or whatever else would fit / be ok wrinkly to help them hold shape, wrapped each shoe separately in a plastic shopping bag so that there won't be any abrasions if they rub together in transit, then put them heel to toe and pack around them however makes sense for the rest of the bag's eventual contents. normally I'll also pack them lying on their sides so as to minimize some of the pokiness against my back.

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I personally try to avoid packing heels at all costs. Fortunately I don't have a job that requires heels. I could wear heels, but I choose not to (helps being part of the engineering department).

When I've HAD to, I've actually taken a pair of black low-heeled pumps, and those are much easier to pack since they don't take up much space.

Too bad they don't make heels where you just snap the heel part on a pair of flats!

Calgary AB
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually they do! Google Tanya heath shoes. They go from 3.5" to 1.5". I just never travel with heels. Can't imagine a situation where i would HAVE to wear them.

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jannilee View Post
    Actually they do! Google Tanya heath shoes. They go from 3.5" to 1.5". I just never travel with heels. Can't imagine a situation where i would HAVE to wear them.
    Wow, will wonders never cease? Thanks for the info! I don't think I need these for myself, but it's great knowing that such things exist!

Forum Member
    Singapore
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Great idea.. I didn't know about the Tanya shoes either.

Heels , can't do with them, can't leave without them.. I am too short hehe

Sent from my N5206 using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @jeana, Just wanted to also point you to this older Suggestionyneema shoe bags thread to read in combination with the suggestions given above about doing the heel-toe overlap and packing around the shoes arranged in this fashion. I've usually used the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag for heels, and if you have small feet these will probably work better for you than the Aeronaut end cubes (better designed for larger size shoes) or Travel or Yarn Stuff Sacks. I have to say that the problem of packing heels gets worse with really high heels (the 3.5" to 4" heights you mentioned).

Personally, I don't think that you have to use heels that high for work unless it's really your personal preference -- and not someone telling you that you're "too short". Like the other posters, I usually don't need to travel with heels, and when I do use these for more formal occasions, I prefer to use ones that are not as high (e.g. maximum 2.5"), since these are more comfortable to wear as well as being easier to pack. On the other hand, I don't need to wear very high heels for work.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Singapore
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks moriond that's a great thread, I do wear size 9 and will try out the shoulder bag tip which I Just happen to order in my current order... must be fate

It is a personal preference and also my foot arch. To give an idea , I get sore feet when walking in flats but I could shop around in heels non stop... partly also because of my shoe size, I think it is proportional to wear slightly higher heel

Sent from my N5206 using Tapatalk