Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Also, if you're near a military base (there are many in Okinawa), you'll find that you'll be treated slightly nicer if you make a point of mentioning that your not military.
    Brandon -- There is definitely some animosity by some residents against the military. I remember I used to see that when I lived in Hawaii as well.

That said, I think what's important is to be friendly and polite in general, and to be a good ambassador.

I have many friends in the military (my ex-husband is former Army, and my brother-in-law is active duty Army), so I would personally feel extremely awkward even bringing this up. For me personally, it feels like I'm slapping the face of a soldier. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Thank you Lani! We'll see if that is indeed the case now in Okinawa ( multiple providers, that is). Might well be good for me to take a break from my incessant surfing, anyway! ;P
    I just talked to him last night to elicit some more details, and he told me what he found was a municipal wifi network.

Also, you might want to check to see if the local Starbucks, McDonalds and other places offer free wifi, too!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    That said, I think what's important is to be friendly and polite in general, and to be a good ambassador.
    Lani - well said, and a good strategy in just about any situation! This is always my plan.

And, for any members of the military, or friends/relatives thereof, I certainly meant no disrespect with my previous post. I've edited it so as to be more in a positive spirit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2