Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Oklahoma but I'm a native Kansan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Podcast with travel tips

There is a podcast I listen to occasionally and their most recent one had some tips about various items that might be of interest to some of you that do waaaay more traveling then I do. I haven't finished the episode yet, but they add some show notes that are linked to the products so you can check them out.

The name of this particular podcast is: Mac Power Users 268: Travel Hacks with Liana Lehua

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prairiegl View Post
    The name of this particular podcast is: Mac Power Users 268: Travel Hacks with Liana Lehua
    Ohhh she sounds like she's from Hawaii!!! Smilie

Do you remember what kind of tips she had?

And speaking of "tips"... I don't know about others, but I personally don't really care for the use of the word "hack" to mean "tip." I guess it's because I work in the computer software industry, but typically, hacks are either a bad thing ("he found a security vulnerability and hacked into the corporate network"), or it means you roll up your sleeves and make/change/convert an item to do something it wasn't initially designed to do ("Bob hacked his bicycle so now it also reheats hot dogs").

A lot of times, when I go to read articles touting a hack, it turns out all they're offering are tips or advice. "Buy your admission ticket to Disneyland online before you go to the park, so you don't have to waste half an hour just to buy the ticket before you can even get to the turnstile" is a tip, not a hack.

I don't know... anyone else feel this way, or am I just being too sensitive?

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lani, I agree with you. It is rather annoying. elisa

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prairiegl View Post
    @prairiegal, I thought it might be useful to give a URL link to this episode: Mac Power Users 268: Travel Hacks with Liana Lehua

And @Lani is correct, that these are more travel "tips" rather than "hacks" in the sense that she describes. Note that some of these products have been discussed elsewhere in the forums. Also, as you might guess from the title of this series (i.e. "Mac" Power Users), some of these items are suggestions for apps and products that are specific for Apple products (not all of them -- e.g., external battery sources, portable Bluetooth speakers, clothing, packs, and web sites are general use suggestions).

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Oklahoma but I'm a native Kansan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lani, I haven't listened to the complete episode yet, so can't tell you more specifics. Moriond, yes, I do realize that many of the items were specific to Apple, but thought I'd post it anyway just in case it might be helpful to someone out there reading the forums. Thanks for including the link.

As far as hack vs. tips -it didn't phase me that much. I do understand where you are coming from though and can understand why it would/could be annoying.

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mac power users podcast is a great resource for ideas on how to work 'better' on a Mac. I've been listening here and there for a few years now.

You should really check out the host David Sparks's website. He was a lawyer who gave it up recently to dedicate more time to this. He's written some amazing books on using the Mac/iPad etc. website is MacSparky

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)