Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another travel to the past with a Synapse 25 and a Small Shop Bag

This summer seems to be about castles and such things. We have a lovely castle-ruin in oure airia that we went to two days ago:

Another travel to the past with a Synapse 25 and a Small Shop Bag-imb_3544-jpg

As we where four children and three grown ups that day I decided to have a picnick in a Small Shop Bag.

Another travel to the past with a Synapse 25 and a Small Shop Bag-imb_3539-jpg

Another travel to the past with a Synapse 25 and a Small Shop Bag-imb_3547-jpg

We where lucky enaught to stumble uppon some wannebe knights so we even could watch a bit of action there:
    Another travel to the past with a Synapse 25 and a Small Shop Bag-imb_3565-jpg

And here, just for the fun of it, a last shot of my trusted S25:

Another travel to the past with a Synapse 25 and a Small Shop Bag-imb_3581-jpg

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for posting. Nice photos.
    Very interested in your packing list/photos for your S25 on this particular outing.

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ilkyway, you take the nicest looking photos, and I think your gray Synapse is one of my favorite objects that you photograph, especially with its UV accents. Whether posed against snow, in a grassy field, or hanging on a wrought iron fence, it always looks good. I definitely need to take lessons from you! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great photos. Based on your earlier pictures of the grey/UV S25 I also bought one and have put the same UV zip pulls on it. It's getting its first outing with my laptop down to the coffee shop today.

I carry a large shop bag in the bottom pocket and its North West Sky. That lighter shade of grey dyneema goes really well with the grey cordura.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the Synapse 25 comes with a time travel device? My Dyneema S25 must be caught in a quantum flux displacement field, because my time travel device has not appeared yet.

Ilkyway, very nice photos, indeed. Thank you for sharing! elisa

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perseffect you are right that Sky Dyneema works great with the grey of the Synapse. The Small Shop Bag I carry in there for unexpected shop-events is Sky too and they are a lovely pair.

I might feel brave and post a picture of the contant later. But it did not change much from my last contant picture. The time-travel devices gladly takes up no space. It is lokated in another dimention.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay I play but I have you all know that I am fully aware of my crazyness. This is NOT what I take into the past but what I have with me every day. On top of this is my Side Effect which carrys the same contant since for ever.

Another travel to the past with a Synapse 25 and a Small Shop Bag-synapse-content2-jpg

Here is the content of the Side Effect that was/is around my hips. Although right now I use an Aubergine one:

Another travel to the past with a Synapse 25 and a Small Shop Bag-edc-se-05-jpg

Ilkyway

Edit: small bids and bobs have changed: different knife in the SE for example.

Massachusetts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that a Bark River fixed blade?

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As always you are right: Bark River PSK Elmax I was debating between this one and the Little Caper. My goal was a smal, non agressive looking knife that I could take out to cut an apple or any other food without having people gasp.

The pink might be a bit over the too there but when I debated the color people pointed out: no one will ever whant to steel the pink one from you :-). I had the two foulders I carry around for quite a while but I could not bring myself to cut food with them for fear of getting that into the fouldingmechanism. I hope the Elmax will work well. As I understand it it is no knife-steel. We will see how it holds up.

(Ups... Did you want to know all this... I got carried away :-))

Ilkyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ilkyway-I hope I'm with you at the time of the zombie apocalypse! Food (chocolate!) and defensive weapons!

Thanks for sharing your pics (the one of the S25 with shallow depth of field is particularly fetching) and your pack contents. :)

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ilkyway, where's your pouch for your Oyster card? Another travel to the past with a Synapse 25 and a Small Shop Bag I recommend a luggage tag attached to a keystrap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Pokilany Ceepee keeps mentioning that Oystercard too... I wondwe WHY :-)
    I think I will go with your suggestion and use a Luggatag for it. And than I attach it into my SE so there will be very few pockets to search through.

Ilkyway

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Pokilani, I just hope the rest of her family are more organised. Finding 4 Oyster cards each time will take up most of the weekend :D

I was considering attaching the Oyster card to the chocolate ........ funny how she never loses that! ;)

North of the TB Mothership
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    I was considering attaching the Oyster card to the chocolate ........ funny how she never loses that! ;)
    she has her priorities straight

Massachusetts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    As always you are right: Bark River PSK Elmax I was debating between this one and the Little Caper. My goal was a smal, non agressive looking knife that I could take out to cut an apple or any other food without having people gasp.

The pink might be a bit over the too there but when I debated the color people pointed out: no one will ever whant to steel the pink one from you :-). I had the two foulders I carry around for quite a while but I could not bring myself to cut food with them for fear of getting that into the fouldingmechanism. I hope the Elmax will work well. As I understand it it is no knife-steel. We will see how it holds up.

(Ups... Did you want to know all this... I got carried away :-))

Ilkyway

The PSK is a solid piece. I have not used Elmax myself but what I've read indicates it should outperform S30V in toughness and edgeholding, particularly at the hardness Bark River runs it. As for cutting food with folders, I understand the apprehension but it's not something I'd worry about that much unless you wouldn't have the chance to clean the knife within a reasonable amount of time. That Bradley folder in M4 will patina from some foods but getting something in the pivot shouldn't be anything a good rinse and dry can't fix.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast