Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zipper Pulls

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zipper Pulls

Hi everyone!

I've seem some great posts on zipper pulls in the TB forums, and I just wanted to contribute to the community. I've had my A45 for about a year now and it's been to NOLA, NYC (and it's many subway cars), NorCal, and San Diego. Until now, I was just using the original TB cord zipper pulls. I was happy to find them shipped together with the A45 as if to say, "feel free to use them or not".

I've made basic paracord bracelets in the past, but never zipper pulls. I thought it would be a great way to add custom functionality to my A45. The knot you see in the images is the "lanyard knot". A quick search in Google will return many hits, but this YouTube video is what helped me the most: https://youtu.be/fKLLolTlvKA

I showed my fiancée what I did to my A45, and she asked me if I could make some zipper pulls in pink for her bag. I happened to already have pink CAMO paracord. I have some reflective red paracord on standby for my future TB Pilot. ;)

I hope you like 'em! :D

Zipper Pulls-img_3064-1-jpg

Zipper Pulls-img_3065-1-jpg

Zipper Pulls-img_3066-1-jpg

Zipper Pulls-img_3069-1-jpg

Zipper Pulls-img_3075-1-jpg

Zipper Pulls-img_3076-1-jpg

Zipper Pulls-img_3077-1-jpg

Zipper Pulls-img_3078-1-jpg
    Husband | Father | Creative | Photog | Subaru Pilot | Horologist | Foodie | Carryologist

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope I live near you so I could ask for your help to do mine. Amazing!
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Forum Member
    Virginia, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Panda Ops...Definitely wish there was a "love" button for your post...IMO, perfect use of "monkey knots".
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those look amazing and I love the ends! Maybe I should re-do mine...
    Current EDC: S25 (BlkHyc)
    Current Closet: BB (Blk/Blk/Blk), SA (Blk/Blk/Iberian), UMP (Blk), TT(Island)
    Owner of All Day Ruckoff

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for the kind words! :)
    Husband | Father | Creative | Photog | Subaru Pilot | Horologist | Foodie | Carryologist

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some new reflective red zipper pulls I made tonight for my BB Pilot. My BB Pilot arrives on Friday. :D

Zipper Pulls-22041586131_7af0fa752b_z-jpg

Forum Member
    Virginia, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are awesome! My guess is that there are several potential customers eyeing your photos...:-)
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandcache View Post
    These are awesome! My guess is that there are several potential customers eyeing your photos...:-)
    Haha. I only have so many hours in a day! :D

I may have started something though. My fiancée somehow wants to incorporate paracord knots into our wedding décor--a joining of two worlds. O_O

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is great!

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zipper Pulls

@PandaOps, what length paracord did you start with?

Last edited by Pokilani; 10-09-2015 at 10:25 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Pokilani,

It's approximately 12-15". I don't know the exact length as I stretch the paracord from the "pinch" of my index finger and thumb to the elbow pit (=medical term) AKA bend in arm. I usually end up with a 1" excess that is clipped and heat sealed. When I first tried it, I was using about 18" in length to allow room for adjustments and to visually keep track of the knot. This obviously would result in much more excess/wasted paracord. Now that I'm more proficient at it, I've been able to make zipper pulls with only 10" in length without compromising the dimensions of the zipper pull. With shorter lengths, I'm definitely "massaging" the knot to adjust for length and using needle nose pliers at times to grab the ends to tighten.

Hope this helps!

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zipper Pulls

Thanks, @PandaOps! That definitely helps! Especially using the needle nose pliers to help pull the cord--I hadn't thought of that!

Last edited by Pokilani; 10-09-2015 at 12:11 PM.

MA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forceps are even better than pliers at times for cord adjustment.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Pokilani, no problem!! Glad to help!

@Muni_Jedi, good tip. I'll need to locate my forceps, however. They may be buried in my tackle box. O_O

Just for reference, this is what I've been using. Gerber multi-tool that I grabbed from Amazon. :D

Zipper Pulls-img_3113-jpg

Zipper Pulls-img_3114-jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast