Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ilkyway's pics of the new Yeoman Duffle

Everyone, Ilkyway couldn't be here to post live so I'm posting these photos for her! Please enjoy.

Shots of the interior:

Ilkyway's pics of the new Yeoman Duffle-yeoman-inside-jpg

Ilkyway's pics of the new Yeoman Duffle-yeoman-inside2-jpg

And the exterior:

Ilkyway's pics of the new Yeoman Duffle-yeoman-1-jpg

Size comparison: Night Flight Travel Duffle, Aeronaut 30, Aeronaut 45, Yeoman. (As well as the occasional Side Effect, for, you know. Effect.)

Ilkyway's pics of the new Yeoman Duffle-yeoman-size-c4-jpg

Ilkyway's pics of the new Yeoman Duffle-yeoman-size-c6-jpg

Ilkyway's pics of the new Yeoman Duffle-yeoman-size-c2-jpg

Ilkyway's pics of the new Yeoman Duffle-yeoman-size-c3-jpg

Ilkyway's pics of the new Yeoman Duffle-yeoman-size-c1-jpg

Packing the Yeoman as a second bag:

Folding it up
    Ilkyway's pics of the new Yeoman Duffle-yeoman-6-jpg

Inside the Night Flight Travel Duffle Packing Cube
    Ilkyway's pics of the new Yeoman Duffle-yeoman-5-jpg

Inside the Size 3 Travel Stuff Sack

Ilkyway's pics of the new Yeoman Duffle-yeoman-4-jpg

Ilkyway's pics of the new Yeoman Duffle-yeoman-3-jpg

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've no use for such a bag-- yet-- but HOLY COW it packs so small! Does everyone know how small NFTD packing cubes are?!

If I ever need something larger than an A45, I'm putting this in my cart. I am overawed by how it folds up.

ETA: Again, I was in such a hurry to express my amazement that I forgot the obvious. Thanks to @Ilkyway for the pics and @Badger for posting.
    Last edited by adalangdon; 10-06-2015 at 11:29 AM.

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe how small that gets!!!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic! This will be a perfect bag to pack to hold souvenirs and shopping on a return trip - I can't wait to try folding it up into a small travel cube like that! Thank you for sharing the photos.

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how the new duffle folds up small but without any exterior pockets I don't see a use for it....yet, haha! Very un-TB-like as far as organization but I think the whole point is a very large duffle bag :)

Cafe Bag Freudian slips are cool though and can probably be used in other bags as well. Love it!
    Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These pictures are incredibly helpful! I really like this bag. It'd be huge for me to use as a "souvenirs" bag, but I can definitely see using it for road trips, camping, and travel with bulkier gear like snowshoes.

Somerville, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @cara, I'm planning on using my Yeoman as a second bag when I travel, but I won't pack souvenirs in it. Rather, I'll put my laundry, jacket, and other soft bulky items in the Yeoman, and use my Aeronaut (or whatever) as the souvenir bag that I carry on. That way my macadamia nuts won't get smooshed.

This bag is much lighter than it might look, but when Ilkyway showed me these pictures I was pretty stunned. FWIW, it folds up quite flat and can fit inside the Smart Alec bungee cable or in the back panel of the Aeronaut 45. I like the stuff sack idea better, though!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the beautiful pictures, Ilkyway, and to Badger for posting them!

Somerville, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to add, apropos of nothing: You can wear the Yeoman as a backpack by slipping your arms through the handles. I don't think it would be comfortable for a long distance, but from the car to the check-in counter it shouldn't be too bad.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    . . . all this Aubergine! So gorgeous!

I think I seriously do need this bag. I've been using the L.L.Bean extra-large zippered top tote bag with long handles for road trips with Rosalind, but it's not big enough for all of our stuff in the winter, when I need multiple pairs of boots/shoes. It's also currently in use to store my non-using-right-now Tom Bihn bags! I think this bag would hold everything the two of us need (including her food and her dishes) and then I'd just need to carry her crate, which would make it much easier for us.

Badger, how does the size of this bag compare to Titus?

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Badger thanks so much for loading my pictures up. I got home just now and want to joyn in.

As for this bag packing so small: to get it into the Travel Stuff Sack size 3 my husband rolled it up. There was even space left so a shoulderstrap rolled up with the bag together would fit too. (Maybe not an Absolut Shoulderstrap, I would have to try and confirm that but a Standard one I can vouch for.)

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I must have missed to send one, Badger that belongs to the one with the Yeoman on the Minitramp. I think I have heard that Americans do not use Duvets? We Germans do and the standard size for them is 135 cm x 200 cm. Our cushins are 80 x 80 cm. Just for refference because in that bag are two cushins, two duvets and on woll-blanked (150x200cm):

Ilkyway's pics of the new Yeoman Duffle-yeoman-2-jpg

And here, just for the fun of it: you are not allowed to drive like this in Germany as the load would have to be secured by some means.

Ilkyway's pics of the new Yeoman Duffle-yeoman-car-jpg

Ilkyway

PS: we do take duvets if we visit familly as we are five and some of the family we visit do not have enough spare ones so we bring our own. That is, where this idea came from.
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really loved seeing all that Aubergine yumminess! Great photos!

I have a dilemma though. I have three sizes of Cafe Bag. Which slip do I buy? I'm thinking one for the large size, as I can also use it with my Western Flyer. Has anyone figured out if it could also be used in the Daylight Backpack?

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ilkyway, I love your license plate! It reminded me of your signature quote. Having a dyslexic daughter, I especially appreciate that quote! :D

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mausermama I do tent to fight with letters too. as for the daylight backpack: I put up pictures in a minute but the short answer is: each one fits: Small size upper shingled pocket, Medium size lower shingled pocket OR front pocket large size main compartment. Note: the large size will NOT fit in the front pocket as it is slightly too whide.

Ilkyway

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast