Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    All we need now is for the MCB FS to fit nicely into the cross-body bag...

BTW, would anyone know which size fits the Imago best? Large? (Would that be too tall?) My hubs has taken my Imago for his work bag and this might be a good thing for him to get at some point.
    Sorry, I took photos of all these configurations, and keep getting fails when I try to upload. The Imago will hold any of the three, but it depends on how you're going to be using the remainder of the contents
    Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-image-jpg
    Here's Mama Bear, which fits in with the 13" MacBook Air in Cache, and the 1/2" Binder I'm using for papers.

Papa Bear fits in, but pushes more on the top of the bag. If you only really need this for pens and small items, use Baby Bear. Any of the wide top pockets can hold a backup laptop external drive. Mama bear can fit a checkbook in a separate case, or a slim planner, such as the ones by Letts of London in that pocket.

moriond

ETA: Correction: This is Baby Bear (from the appearance of the bottom pocket)
    Last edited by moriond; 10-06-2015 at 07:01 PM.

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @moriond, can you do some shots with 3D cubes and various pouches in the FS slots? The reason I ask is that I currently have some items tethered in the Swift in a pouch or a cube (i.e., teaching supplies, first aid), but they roll around a bit in the bag and you have to insert the larger items in between them. I'm thinking I'd like to put the 3D cube in the FS and pull it out as needed, for example. All my accessories would be in one place rather than on multiple attachment points. I am also carrying a 13" MBA and file folders with papers in the Swift, sometimes even books. I am also seeing a need to put the misc stuff I have in the clear pockets into a FS; they have a tendency to drag the bag sides downward from weight, especially with the dyneema.
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Badger is it ok, if I put my pictures in here with yours?

Here are my "comparision shots" meaning all three in one picture:

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-cb-all-three1-jpg

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-cb-all-three2-jpg

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-cb-all-three5-jpg

Here they are each in the Cafe Bag that they are intended for:

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-cb-all-three3-jpg

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-cb-all-three4-jpg

And this one was inspired because I do like the hanging-feature of all Freudian Slips:

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-cb-all-three6-jpg

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This was the picture of Mama Bear (outside the Inago) I meant to load
    Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-image-jpg

moriond

ETA: That's a 13" MacBook Air in Cache and a 0.5" binder in back

ETA2: Sorry, this is Baby Bear (not Mama Bear). I did take another picture with Mama Bear, but that FSlet takes up more room if you want to carry a binder, too.)
    Last edited by moriond; 10-06-2015 at 07:00 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the good pics and details. Went with the mama bear as I think it will work well across several bigs. Time to wait...

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now in order of size: Lets start with the Small Cafe Bag version:

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-scb-big-phone-jpg

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-scb-small-phone1-jpg

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-scb-small-phone2-jpg

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-scb-small-phone3-jpg

What I like is, that all three, even the small one, has the capacity to carry a large smart phone. My 6+ peaks a bit over the top, but in the bag that is not a problem. And as these large phones can be on the more heavy side, I find it makes sense to have the phone in the FS rather than in the bags own pocket because the FS has the struckture to not sagg under that phone-weight. Hope this makes sense?

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and each FS has at least one zipper compartment, that goes the hole length of the back side (at least to me the side where the penloops are NOT is the backside ;-) but the small one has a second in the front. Only flaish items fit in there, but my foulding knife was not a problem and it is a great place for emergancy cash or stamps or page-makers...

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-scb-1-jpg

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-scb-2-jpg

I hoped to show that quite some space is left for editional items with the small FS inside its coresponding Cafe Bag.

Ilkyway

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    @moriond, can you do some shots with 3D cubes and various pouches in the FS slots? The reason I ask is that I currently have some items tethered in the Swift in a pouch or a cube (i.e., teaching supplies, first aid), but they roll around a bit in the bag and you have to insert the larger items in between them. I'm thinking I'd like to put the 3D cube in the FS and pull it out as needed, for example. All my accessories would be in one place rather than on multiple attachment points. I am also carrying a 13" MBA and file folders with papers in the Swift, sometimes even books. I am also seeing a need to put the misc stuff I have in the clear pockets into a FS; they have a tendency to drag the bag sides downward from weight, especially with the dyneema.
    Thank goodness for Ilkyway"s pictures! You'll need Papa Bear. (I have pictures, but I've been having a lot of problems uploading them this morning). There's a partial fix for holding up the pockets in the Swift, that I'll steal from my images on Ravelry: get some regular poly folders and sick them vertically upright under the pockets of your Swift

The back of the largest FS can also hold letter size pages

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all the great pictures!

Forum Member
    Virginia, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moriond--Is that the small cafe bag size FS?
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's move on the the Medium Cafe Bag size:

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-mcb-travel-1-jpg

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-mcb-travel-2-jpg

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-mcb-travel-3-jpg

And this next picture was inspired by moriond who mentioned, that you could carry a bottle in these meshpockets. The very nice thing about this is: the bottle stays upright (duh) which to me is a big deal as I hate bottles going wherever they want. Now EVERY bag can have a dedicated bottlecompartment. (OK exadurating here: maybe not a Side Effect but MOST bags :-)

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-mcb-bottle-jpg

Ilkyway

Forum Member
    Virginia, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    This was the picture of Mama Bear (outside the Inago) I meant to load

moriond
    Is this the SCBFS? If so, would love to see a similar photo with the MCBFS. Thanks. :-).
    Last edited by Grandcache; 10-06-2015 at 01:35 PM.
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here the medium size in its natrual habitat:

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-mcb-1-jpg

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-mcb-2-jpg

Ilkyway

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here my take on the Large size:

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-lcb-paper1-jpg

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-lcb-paper2-jpg

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-lcb-paper3-jpg

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-lcb-paper4-jpg

Ilkyway

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here with a different load:

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-lcb-teck1-jpg

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-lcb-teck2-jpg

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-lcb-teck3-jpg

and here, as before: in the intended bag with a different load again:

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-lcb-1-jpg

Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-lcb-2-jpg

Ilkyway

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast