Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Since I now have a medium cafe bag AND a Zojirushi thermos (though it is 12 ounces, not 16), I am very tempted by this Freudian Slip. It would probably fit the 12 ounce thermos fine, right?

Also, any chance that any of these new organizers fits the Pilot? I guess not, since they are vertical...

Finally, how much weight do these organizers add to a bag? I guess the fact that you might carry less internal organizers might balance it out some.

And are they made of parapack?

[Now that I have a strict one-in-one-out policy, before I am buried alive beneath the weight of all my bags, I will have to consider what could go before I decide on a Freudian Slip for purchase, thus giving me some breathing room to decide. I hope they stay in stock for a bit.]
    Hi @bchaplin,

I've actually fit two different sizes of Zojurushi thermoses into this mesh pocket, and took pictures of both (but have problems with uploads today). The one in the picture is for tea (16 oz Zojurushi Stainless Steel Travel Mug (with strainer). The other one that I shot (but am having trouble uploading) is the taller 16 oz Stainless Steel Mug with locking cap and drinking spout. The Zojurushi thermoses tend to have smaller diameters, in case people are wondering, and can fit into a Small Cafe Bag. Yes, the 12 oz. sizes will also fit. Weight of Mama Bear is 7 oz. -- less than my Merino jersey, but more than my Merino tee-shirt -- which is about the weight of Baby Bear at 4 oz. Yes, they're made of Parapack. Just note that if you get this for your Little Swift, and are carrying knitting, the mesh on Mama Bear's two front pockets is like the mesh on the 3D Mesh Organizer Cubes and Snake Charmers: it will catch on your wool. The mesh on Baby Bear's back pocket is smooth and stretchy, like the mesh on the Brain Cell.

And yes, you can use Mama Bear in a a Pilot, or in a Co-Pilot if you place it on its side.

moriond

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very helpful photos, thanks! The Crew is busy shipping very speedily - my order has already shipped: a Yeoman (Aubergine) and a small and medium Freudian Slip. We generally have 1-2 cafe bags going at a given time, and the idea of transferring the Freudian Slip into either a Swift, Little Swift, or Daylight Briefcase is very tempting.

The Yeoman is going to be great. We normally check in a booster seat in a Patagonia duffel for airplane trips to use at the destination, and pad the booster with other items such as large jackets. I am excited to see how it works for this purpose as well, and I think the upcycled fabric is a great idea.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kathryn View Post
    thanks Badger, for the detailed pics (and I love that Titus made it into one of the photos)
    I second that thank you Badger! I had missed Titus in the picture, so I had to scroll back up.

Anyhow, your detailed reviews and fabulous pictures especially geared to stationery, note takers aficionados and avid readers are the kind that call for more scrutiny right before ordering the best size which will fit the most of various EDC.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These photos are just awesome, and I was so glad to see the sizing on an iPhone 6 Plus! This will help a lot in terms of decision-making. I need to find (hopefully, one) Freudian Slip that will fit in my medium cafe bag, my daylight backpack, and my Swifts. Though I'm not carrying the Swifts again until next spring or summer, probably. Thanks SO much for making all the effort -- these threads are very helpful.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a zip pocket at the bottom of the small?

Forum Member
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all of you excellent photographers and reviewers! I am very grateful for the time and energy you put into this forum.
    I am so tempted by items I had no idea I needed or wanted.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    These photos are just awesome, and I was so glad to see the sizing on an iPhone 6 Plus! This will help a lot in terms of decision-making. I need to find (hopefully, one) Freudian Slip that will fit in my medium cafe bag, my daylight backpack, and my Swifts. Though I'm not carrying the Swifts again until next spring or summer, probably. Thanks SO much for making all the effort -- these threads are very helpful.
    bchaplin if the Swifts are full sized, why not go with the Medium FS? It works in the Swift as well and also in the DLBP though there not in the upper shingled pocket. But in the lower, the main compartment or the front pocket.

Hope this helps
    Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marytattoo View Post
    There's a zip pocket at the bottom of the small?
    Yes the Small sized one has two zipper pockets: one in the back over the hole size of the FS (all three have this one with two O-Rings in each of them) and the small size has a small zipped compartment on the bottom of the front too.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

Forum Member
    Washington, DC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the chances of putting an 11" MBA in the zipper pocket of the Large FS? I like the organization, but if I can do double duty with it that would be EVEN BETTER.

Thanks!
    A45: Burnt Orange/Steel; LCB: Black Dyneema/Wasabi Dyneema; DLBP: Coyote; PCBP: Iberian, Sitka; 3DCOC: Iberian, Linen; SSK: Iberian; TSS: Solar & Island (4), Wasabi & Zest (3), Ultraviolet & Northwest Sky (2), Iberian (1); Travel Tray: Steel; Fjord, Sitka, Monarch; Q-kit; Various Dyneema organizer pouches,

Halcneema Addiction is a dangerous thing. Wink #buyallthecolors

Still refining my system Cool

Forum Member
    Denver, CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow - thank you to all of the Mods for the detailed photos! It is so helpful to see all of the examples and comparisons!

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    bchaplin if the Swifts are full sized, why not go with the Medium FS? It works in the Swift as well and also in the DLBP though there not in the upper shingled pocket. But in the lower, the main compartment or the front pocket.

Hope this helps
    Ilkyway
    I cannot keep up with the posts! What is the ideal Swift size, medium or large? For LS, it's small or medium? I think @moriond posted medium peeks out a tiny bit, but I might be off. I'm not opposed to two sizes, if they are better compliments to each swift. I use the bags completely differently, so I would not be switching FS out between them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kkintea the Swift will take a Large one, the Little Swift a Small one. Here are pictures of both thouse combos: http://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vid...tml#post110399

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    I cannot keep up with the posts! What is the ideal Swift size, medium or large? For LS, it's small or medium? I think @moriond posted medium peeks out a tiny bit, but I might be off. I'm not opposed to two sizes, if they are better compliments to each swift. I use the bags completely differently, so I would not be switching FS out between them.

For me, it's mama bear for the Little Swift and Papa Bear for the regular Swift. The peeking above the top of the Little Swift is mostly because I'm using it to store letter paper that sticks up about 22 mm above of Mama Bear's top edge. The actual top edge of Mama Bear is more level withe top of the Little Swift. In the Swift, I might use Papa Bear, which fully supports letter size paper along the back. The bottom mesh pockets are wider for some storage purposes, like matching 3D Cubes. maybe Ilkyway can post a response/picture that will help here

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm I have to say I prefear the Small FS in the Little Swift. The Medium one is peeking a bit over the top and I am not fond of this kind of behavior. But it would by no means fall out and you can still close the snap so the Medium can be used too.

Ilkyway

ETA: No I have to say: I would not do this. To me the Small FS is the way to go for the Little Swift.

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One last request I swear! Has anyone posted mama bear in the Swift?

Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast