Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yugyag79 View Post
    What are the chances of putting an 11" MBA in the zipper pocket of the Large FS? I like the organization, but if I can do double duty with it that would be EVEN BETTER.

Thanks!
    I tried and the MBA is too tall, unfortunately. If it's any consolation, there isn't really enough padding in the FS to make it a very good laptop holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No but she fits of cause. She is kind of the most versitale (well obviosly the small one is as it fits nearly everywhere, but the medium one fits most bags in a sensible manner, if that makes sense.

Ilkyway

ETA: this was to kkinteas question if the medium sized FS fits into a Swift.
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 10-06-2015 at 03:13 PM.
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Hmmm I have to say I prefear the Small FS in the Little Swift. The Medium one is peeking a bit over the top and I am not fond of this kind of behavior. But it would by no means fall out and you can still close the snap so the Medium can be used too.

Ilkyway

ETA: No I have to say: I would not do this. To me the Small FS is the way to go for the Little Swift.
    Most of the time I don't carry letter paper in my Little Swift, which I use all the time. But when I occasionally do, and use folders, it looks like this:

So for those occasions, when I only take a Little Swift to a conference with iPad, but want to carry papers, this is a lot more acceptable:

If I don't need to carry papers, then yes, I'll use Baby Bear.

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No but she fits of cause. She is kind of the most versitale (well obviosly the small one is as it fits nearly everywhere, but the medium one fits most bags in a sensible manner, if that makes sense.

Ilkyway

ETA: this was to kkinteas question if the medium sized FS fits into a Swift.
    The Medium is a good fit to the Swift. The main reason for going to the Large is if she needs the width in the mesh pockets. (She was asking about fitting 3D Organizer Cubes there).

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I am tiered by now, I overread that. The 3D mesh pocket fits better in the large on. depending on how full it is of caus. A stuffed one I would not try to prie in the medium one but I was able to get the same 3D-Mesh pocket I have used earlier in the large one into the medioum mesh pocket.

Wow too much mesh in one post.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah moriond I think you just now have broadened my horizen on the Swift familly: looking at your pictures again I can see, that this style of bags can totally handle if some content peaks out. And the medium size only peeks out very little.

Ilkyway

Forum Member
    Oklahoma but I'm a native Kansan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the medium cafe bag primarily for vacation trips and one of these may just be the answer to having items in there a little better organized! I find that the MCB is sometimes larger than what I may need, but with the slip, it might be more useful to me. These photos have been extremely helpful in that regard -- thanks!
    Last edited by prairiegl; 10-06-2015 at 08:08 PM. Reason: change of word phrasing

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I will get the medium sized Freudian Slip, bc it should fit the largest number of my bags that need interior organization. I can't say enough how helpful this thread has been.
    Thanks!!!!
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may be in the minority here, but since I can't/don't walk far due to disability, I've discovered that the CBs and other messenger bags work best for me on one shoulder. When I carry them crossbody, filled, the weight is bad on my back. So, I keep the straps fairly short. I think the med FS will work well for most things I use. And knowing that the small works in the CP might entice me to use the CP. I have been less comfortable with using lots of pouches in my bags than most TBers because I am not traveling long distances with them. So having the ability to organize without what can feel to me like clutter will be great. I'm leaving soon on vacation to a national park, my first real vacation since finding TB, so will have to decide on bags to take. Not luggage. But backpack/purse/organizers. Let the fun begin!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but the Small and Medium Cafe Bag FS's would probably work really well as a caddy on board a plane. Basically, you could carry your iPad, headphones, mints, snacks, notebook, pens, Magazines, etc and when you get on board just pull it out and store in the seat pocket.

Forum Member
    Washington, DC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I tried and the MBA is too tall, unfortunately. If it's any consolation, there isn't really enough padding in the FS to make it a very good laptop holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Drat! It was worth a shot, though.

Thanks much Badg!
    A45: Burnt Orange/Steel; LCB: Black Dyneema/Wasabi Dyneema; DLBP: Coyote; PCBP: Iberian, Sitka; 3DCOC: Iberian, Linen; SSK: Iberian; TSS: Solar & Island (4), Wasabi & Zest (3), Ultraviolet & Northwest Sky (2), Iberian (1); Travel Tray: Steel; Fjord, Sitka, Monarch; Q-kit; Various Dyneema organizer pouches,

Halcneema Addiction is a dangerous thing. Wink #buyallthecolors

Still refining my system Cool

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do papers fit in the medium Freudian Slip (FS) or do they always poke out as I see in moriond's picture?
    I need to carry some 8 1/2 x 11 inch papers (a stack of about 20 or so, stapled together) a few days a week, and if they would fit securely in the medium sized FS, in a way that the edges wouldn't get ruffled, that would make a big difference. (It would mean I could actually start wearing my medium cafe bag more often.)
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Do papers fit in the medium Freudian Slip (FS) or do they always poke out as I see in moriond's picture?
    I need to carry some 8 1/2 x 11 inch papers (a stack of about 20 or so, stapled together) a few days a week, and if they would fit securely in the medium sized FS, in a way that the edges wouldn't get ruffled, that would make a big difference. (It would mean I could actually start wearing my medium cafe bag more often.)
    Dear bchaplin,

Letter size paper would fit better into Papa Bear (the Large Cafe Bag Freudian Slip). It would stick out a little from Mama Bear (the Medium Cafe Bag Freudian Slip).
    Attached Images Attached Images Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-lcbfs_letter_1-jpg  Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-lcbfs_letter_2-jpg  Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-mcbfs_letter_1-jpg  Some photos of the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bag, accompanied by lengthy pontification-mcbfs_letter_2-jpg 
    -m

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bchaplin that is a tuff call. I do not have letter sized but I drew a line on A4 sized paper at 11 inces. on the very outer meshpocket tucked in as deep as possible my stack of 25 sheets peeks over for about 3 to 5 milimeter. No idea how you call that in the world of inches. A4 paper is not as whide as letter sized so maybe moriond can add to this with more acurate test-candidates. I would probably look for a protective but thin foulder for extra protection. But that foulder would need to ad protection on the upper corners.

Sorry, no real help here.
    Ilkyway

ETA: mavericks great answer is much more to the point. I seem to take ages to type one post :-)

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bchaplin that is a tuff call. I do not have letter sized but I drew a line on A4 sized paper at 11 inces. on the very outer meshpocket tucked in as deep as possible my stack of 25 sheets peeks over for about 3 to 5 milimeter. No idea how you call that in the world of inches. A4 paper is not as whide as letter sized so maybe moriond can add to this with more acurate test-candidates. I would probably look for a protective but thin foulder for extra protection. But that foulder would need to ad protection on the upper corners.

Sorry, no real help here.
    Ilkyway

ETA: mavericks great answer is much more to the point. I seem to take ages to type one post :-)
    I agree, Ilkyway -- a folder to hold the paper would be a good idea! It would work in Papa Bear or Mama Bear!

By the way, I always enjoy reading your posts!!! Sometimes, often, I think -- it isn't about getting there, but the journey along the way! :)
    -m

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast