Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Natick, MA
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Parental Unit- Re-review after 11 months of constant use

Full disclosure- Tom Bihn generously gave me the PU to test in November 2014. They didn't ask for me to review it a year later but I felt the need to do so to express my gratitude (thank you times one million) and to share how well it has served us.

I first started using my PU in November 2014. Since that time, it has been our family’s constant companion.

Air and Car Travel: We have used it as our only carry-on on flights and road trips from Boston to Virginia- three times, South Carolina- once, Arizona- twice, North Carolina- twice, and Connecticut- once. It had ample enough space, when properly packed, to fit 10 (size 4) diapers, a travel changing mat, a wipe packet, a sip cup, 2 food pouches, long sleeve cotton pjs for baby, and adult cell phone and wallet. It also fit a soft book, a couple finger puppets, sticky notes to stick all over the seats and windows, painters tape to ball up and throw around, and playing cards for our daughter to make a mess with on the plane.

In addition, it is still our daily bag if we leave the house for any reason. I simple pack it less full of diapers and toys. It easily hangs off the back of our Maclaren Quest stroller. If I have my daughter in the Ergo, I can still wear it on one shoulder. Plus, both my husband and I love to wear it so we can switch off during outings between managing the bag and the baby:)

Finally, I think my daughter may have inherited the organizational packing gene from me because the bag itself has become a favorite toy. She knows how to zip and unzip the entire bag (she is 16 months old:)) and loves to put things in and take things out. This is one of our favorite games when we are feeling bored!

The Parental Unit- Re-review after 11 months of constant use-img_3951-jpgThe Parental Unit- Re-review after 11 months of constant use-img_3952-jpg
    Anyways, I still love my PU and it has handled a lot of tough love with grace.

Minneapolis, MN
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is precious. :) I love that your daughter's favorite game is bag-zipping.

Forum Member
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She is a lovely wee girl and I second what rocks said.

Start the addiction to TB bags young! Have you showed her the picture of the little backpack.

Northern Virginia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this post! I got the Parental Unit for my sister's first baby due at the end of this November. She's going to be putting it through a lot of air and car travel in the upcoming years - I'm happy to see it can handle that!

Also, beautiful pictures and beautiful baby :)
    Carpe Diem, before someone in a time machine traps you in a time loop, forces you in a paradox, alters your timeline, or unintentionally erases your existence.