Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Moveable Feast

This bag is so full of features that I wound be able to do it justice. The film I know will explain it much better. I wish I had more time.

Huh, seems I have no chance right now, to show you some pictures. So I have to relay on words... not my strong point but lets try this.

Darcy tolled us, that she spend hours and hours watching people pack, unpack and deal with their shopping. And than they made this shopping bag. It is so full of features that I don't know how to bring this accros: Where to put thouse delicate tomatos or grapes? No problem: They put a shelf, yes a SHELF in there. You can have havy cans or what have you underneath and than put that SHELF down and put your tomatos on there.

Thouse flowers in Darcys picture? There is a sleve where you can slip in the flowers. They wound go anywhere untill you unpack them at home. A bottle or two? Or a frensh bread? No problem.

And since the bag is devided in three different main compartments you can organize your shopping as much as you want.

I can see this bag as Picknick bag, Beach bag, Swim Bag and Gym bag. My jogging shoes are an US size 12 and fit in one of the outer main compartments.

And I love the two outside pockets. They are deep and fit either any size of wallet (yes thouse clutch-purse wallets too) or a notepad with your shoping list. Since you get two (one on each side) you can have the shoping list on the outside and the wallet faceing your boddy.

It stands on its own and is heavy duety.

The Moveable Feast-imb_4811-jpg

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a clumbsy attempt to show that shelf. First picture you see a notebook of mine in what will be under the shelf as soon as it is put down. (It holds its place with a magnet so if you do not want it... it aint there)

Second picture the notebook is still in the bag but what I would call Kakis are above it. This is... WOW to me!

The Moveable Feast-imb_4895-jpg

The Moveable Feast-imb_4896-jpg

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

Chengdu, P.R. China & Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for posting, Ilkyway! I wanted to know if you're able to carry this on your shoulder (like the one shot in the photo selection), or is the drop length a bit too short/shallow to be comfortable? From the video and other photos, it looks like it's a better fit to be hand carried or in the crook of the elbow.

This might be a necessary addition to my grocery bag collection since I currently use my DLBP and a thick canvas bag. ;-)
    Steel/Wasabi A45; Original Halcyon/Island A30
    French Blue BB; Black Halcyon/Wasabi S25; Burnt Orange and Navy DLBPs
    Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot; Verde/Steel MB; Original Halcyon DLBC
    Steel/Iberian SE; Zest TT; Iberian CQPC and 3DOC; Red Blend 3DOC
    Steel and Island PCSBs
    Northwest Sky and Island LSBs

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kealoha View Post
    Thank you for posting, Ilkyway! I wanted to know if you're able to carry this on your shoulder (like the one shot in the photo selection), or is the drop length a bit too short/shallow to be comfortable? From the video and other photos, it looks like it's a better fit to be hand carried or in the crook of the elbow.

This might be a necessary addition to my grocery bag collection since I currently use my DLBP and a thick canvas bag. ;-)
    @kealoha, You would hand carry the Moveable Feast. I tried to post earlier in reply to @Ilkyway's initial post, but the reply got swallowed and lost among the problems in loading and accessing the web site. I can't upload pictures at this time, so I was trying to give text comments.

The feature that I love most about the Moveable Feast is the that fold-down shelf, which I also used to hold tomatoes. Below it, you can easily store cans. If you snap the shelf up (held in place with a magnetic closure), you can use the full height of that side compartment. The central compartment uses the kind of stretchy webbing that is on the outside of the Brain Cell and also on the Freudian Slip for Small Cafe Bag (and on the new Freudian Slip for the Maker's Bag -- a brilliant design). I stored a 32 oz. glass bottle of juice and a quart container of milk. In the flower pocket, I carried celery.

This is the kind of bag that I would take along if I were staying somewhere (like Paris!, the Moveable Feast in question), where I wanted to do market shopping during my stay. You can flat pack the bag by folding it into thirds, so that the central panel shows. For people who are familiar with the Cordura Utility Tote of 8 or so years ago, the Ballistic Nylon Moveable Feast is an improvement because it stands on its own, but also has more flexible compartment design inside.

It's also probably fair to say that this is a bag you will learn to optimally use with greater familiarity -- not something you'd get the best packing performance from by handing to a grocery checkout clerk. I'd also comment that I like the stretchy webbing for holding bottles, but that this is also something that you'll experiment with for optimal use, since it only adapts a certain amount to different bottle widths.

My Moveable Feast is Aubergine with the Navy Parapack interior, and is lovely!

HTH

moriond

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant shoulder carry it. But the handle is very compftable both in hand and over the arm.

Oh and due to its great name:

The Moveable Feast-imb_4907-jpg

And this picture I will post both here and in the Makers Bag thread as it is relevant in both.

The Moveable Feast-imb_4854-jpg

Ilkyway

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @moriond: Thank you for your insight. I've been using my DLBP and a canvas bag and walk about 1km to a grocery store and then pop out to the fruit and vegetable sellers near my flat here in China. Now that strawberry season has just started here, the shelf will come in handy in preventing any mishaps and turning them into juice.

Slightly off-topic, but I'll be visiting my parents in HNL for the holidays this Sunday. If you fancy a meetup and can spare some time, would love to meet a fellow TB fan in person for a shave ice or plate lunch. :)
    Steel and Island PCSBs

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ilkyway: Thank you for the follow-up photos. I was contemplating a CP for an EDC w/my DSLR, but the new Makers Bag has me on the fence. Have you had the chance to try it as a camera bag?
    Last edited by kealoha; 11-30-2015 at 10:11 AM. Reason: double post. :{
    Steel and Island PCSBs

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kealoha not yet but to me the Makers Bag would be first choice here. When I fiddle with my camera I like to have a nice open bag. With the Co-Pilot you always need to get past the zippers. But the Makers Bag (I had not had time to check jet) to me seems bigger than the Co-Pilot? could be that the compartments are differently layed out though. My recomandation and I do use a DSLR, is Makers bag here.

Ilkyway

PS: I will test and picture my gear in it tomorrow.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ilkyway, that's what I was concerned with about the CP. I have a Pilot that works well, but there are days that I don't want to carry a larger lens and run out w/my 50mm attached. I think the MB will be a good option since I want to access my camera w/out the fuss of the zippers. Looking forward to your great pix! :)

Off to bed now, it's 02:45 here in China. :{
    Steel and Island PCSBs

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Large Shop Bag and the MF
    The Moveable Feast-sb-mf-jpg
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Nor Cal
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not being able to sling it over a shoulder is not optimal for me as I really love having both hands free. I notice an o-ring peeking out on the top front of the Aubergene MF. If that belongs to the MF, is there a corresponding one on the opposite side, back? So that one could, if determined, use a strap with it and wear it messenger style?
    Last edited by Ca1i; 11-30-2015 at 12:31 PM.

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ca1i I have found three O-Rings and the one you spotted belongs to the Makers Bag but has no symatrical corsesponding one. Anyway this bag is quite big and I am not sure if these O-rings could handle a full bag. Maybe clipping a shoulderstrap to the acutall handles would work? I will look through mine and try this out tomorrow. I would assume a short one that only kind of attaches both handles would be enough but I play around with it and let you know.

Ilkyway

Nor Cal
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ilkyway!

I do have some larger "screw in" metal rings I could use on each side of the MF (I use these in other bags to accommodate some of the TB organizer pouches). I just hate making holes in TB stuff. I wouldn't bother purchasing and modifying the MF normally as the large shop bags work perfectly well for grocery/farmer's market shopping. But I'm in love with the cute pocket labels on the MF. Pitiful I know. I'm hopeless. ;-)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca1i View Post
    Thanks Ilkyway!

I do have some larger "screw in" metal rings I could use on each side of the MF (I use these in other bags to accommodate some of the TB organizer pouches). I just hate making holes in TB stuff. I wouldn't bother purchasing and modifying the MF normally as the large shop bags work perfectly well for grocery/farmer's market shopping. But I'm in love with the cute pocket labels on the MF. Pitiful I know. I'm hopeless. ;-)
    That makes 2 of us! The Large Shop Bag is a wonder for small stores/farmer market shopping and to haul extra books but the cute label pockets got the better of me.

Gorgeous pictures Ilkyway and Gochiken!

The inner basket picture with the contrasting oranges is especially helpful for visualizing the basket part, Ilkyway.
    Your portrait is stunning!
    Last edited by backpack; 11-30-2015 at 01:21 PM.

North of the TB Mothership
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This bag is the perfect TB replacement for the market baskets I currently use for picnics and farmer's market shopping. But I wonder how it does carrying a pie fresh out of the oven as my market basket got to do this weekend...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast