Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter)

This bag is what many wanted. When I cam onto the forum I read wishes for two things over and over again: A cross body knitting bag and a horizontal Cafe Bag. This can be both.

This bag has so many pockets and organisational features and is so clean and unfussy on the outside, very very neat! I start with the bag on me, again I am 6,2" (I keep repeating this, because I assume not everybody will remember or look at every post)

The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter)-imb_4837-jpg

Ok seems like one picture at the time is the way to go for now...

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok lets try an inside shot. I am useing my Freudian Slip from my Medium Cafe bag here. The Makers Bag has its own FS but since this bag right now is more set up like a PLO (Purse Like Object) I wanted penslots. Oh and as I use that FS in my Daylight Backpack right now this was an easy and nice transfair.

The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter)-imb_4845-jpg

The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter)-imb_4838-jpg

Since this is Balistic and has pipeing on its fram this is so NOT floppy. And as it has quite a bit of debth to it it stands up nicely. In larger bags I do prefear horizontal layouts as I feel things are easier to find. Thoug I have to admit the Freudian Slips have made that so easy in vertical bags that I might change my mind on that one.

Ilkyway
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 11-30-2015 at 09:40 AM.
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought you might want to see some size comparisons with the Large Cafe Bag?

The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter)-imb_4873-jpg

The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter)-imb_4880-jpg

The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter)-imb_4888-jpg

Ilkyway

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always love your pictures!

I am not a knitter and unlikely ever to be a knitter. I'm such a klutz that it's an accident waiting to happen.

Looking forward to getting my Maker's Bag.

Chengdu, P.R. China & Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh dear, I think I'm leaning toward this more than the CP. ;-) Thanks for the pix!
    Steel/Wasabi A45; Original Halcyon/Island A30
    French Blue BB; Black Halcyon/Wasabi S25; Burnt Orange and Navy DLBPs
    Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot; Verde/Steel MB; Original Halcyon DLBC
    Steel/Iberian SE; Zest TT; Iberian CQPC and 3DOC; Red Blend 3DOC
    Steel and Island PCSBs
    Northwest Sky and Island LSBs

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ilkyway, thank you, thank you for these pictures with the Maker's bag and the large Café bag. It was exactly what I wanted to see in order to compare them for size. I always felt that the large Café bag was too large and floppy for my short self. But I am liking the Maker's bag in ballistic as it holds it shape so well. I would be interested in hearing the pros and cons of both dyneema and ballistic from those who purchased them today. Just maybe a Maker's bag might be in my future.

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are the two knew bags (I can see knitters with bigger projects use the Movable Feast for knitting too!) next to the established or even retiered knitting bags.

From left to right we have: a navy Movable Feast, an aubergine Swift, an aubergine Makers Bag and a nave Little Swift (retired)

The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter)-imb_4835-jpg

Ilkyway

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and the new big bags side by side just to be thorough. These two pictures are repitions, sorry.

The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter)-imb_4854-jpg

The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter)-imb_4891-jpg

Ilkyway

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the last I can show you today is The Makers Bag on me for sizing. (6,2")

The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter)-imb_4791-jpg

The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter)-imb_4804-jpg

The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter)-imb_4808-jpg

Ilkyway

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Here are the two knew bags (I can see knitters with bigger projects use the Movable Feast for knitting too!) next to the established or even retiered knitting bags.
    Great pic! Looking forward to getting the MB in the mail in a few days' time, but this photo really drove it home to me that there is just no replacing the LS and Swift-- maybe especially the LS. They're still my bag of choice for more formal situations where I need to look more feminine. I do hope the knitters who were looking for their ideal mid-sized x-body bag have found it in the MB.

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pictures, Ilkyway!

I have a few of the MB in Black Dyneema/UV
    The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter)-mb-textbook-inside-med-cb-fs-jpg
    The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter)-mb-textbook-ruler-med-cb-fs-jpg

I agree that the Med Cafe FS is a nice fit here if I want to carry both an OttLite and a hot drink and a MacBook Pro 13"
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gochicken wow looks great too! Ah having the Freudian Slip on the outer side might make more sense. Will try that. Great you got one to review!

adalangdon I am totally there with you. I had bought a Little Swift realy late because I thought it would not be a bag for me. Now I use it around the house all the time to carry all the stuff around that I want to have/use in different places. Since I always shlep a mugg of tea around too having everything else in one bag helps a lot and the LS is perfect for that. But I get the: we need to retire bags to make room for new ones. So lets be glad we where here to get them :-)

Ilkyway

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter)-comparing-bottoms-jpg
    Showing the relative depths of the bottoms
    Navy Pilot, Forest Imago, Black Dyneema/UV Maker Bag, Azalea Swift with Red Blend FJN

The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter)-comparison-lineup-mb-jpg
    View from the top
    Forest Imago, Black Dyneema/UV Maker Bag, Azalea Swift, Navy Pilot

The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter)-swift-mb-jpg
    The Swift inside the MB
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow your azalea (?) Swift looks stunning! Like how you put all the bag-budds up, great shots!

Ilkyway

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter)-mbp-13-mbfs-jpg
    The Maker's Bag Freudian Slip with 13" MacBook Pro Retina in front mesh pocket. iPad Air 2 on top.

The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter)-mbp-13-doesnt-fit-back-pocket-jpg
    The laptop doesn't fit into the pocket in back of the mesh pocket. The bottom edge stops at my fingertips

The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter)-mb-fs-file-folder-ipad-jpg
    Letter sized file folder, iPad Air 2, and Tool/Pen Wrap

The MB FS fits perfectly in the MB, of course, but also in the Pilot, Swift, and Imago (a bit harder to get it in).
    Last edited by gochicken; 11-30-2015 at 01:33 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast