Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    I think enterior colors should be light. I like Sitka as a green better than Wasabi but I think the lighter color is more functionell.

Zest or Iseland on Monarch would be most functional I feel.

Ilkyway

Sent from my phone
    got to agree here, as much i want Sitka AND Fjord(Island, Nordic, and every other blue in existence) to be added Wasabi as an interior is just amazing (Iberian and Solar are a bit too extreme to the eyes but nevertheless beautiful)
    Currently Own:
    Shadow Guide [Black], Guide's Edition S25 [Black], Large Cafe Bag [Black Halcyon], Brain Bag [Grey/Steel]

Shared:
    A45 [Nordic Halcyon], PCBP[Fjord Halcyon], Small Shop Bag [Original Black Dyneema]

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fever39 I am crazy about blues too and maybe someof you have noticed that I have a little thing for Nordic. But to me that is an outside color.
    I am so happy with Sky as an inside option now. Calm but bright in a way.

Ilkyway

Sent from my phone
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gochicken View Post
    Attachment 14927

Sitka and Wasabi,
    Island, Fjord, and Nordic,
    Monarch and Zest
    this image alone has me thinking that the interior/exterior arrangement would be so perfect like this.. Sitka on the outside, Wasabi on the inside... Fjord on the outside, Island on the inside... and Monarch on the outside with Iberian on the inside... ya'll get what i am saying >_>
    Currently Own:
    Shadow Guide [Black], Guide's Edition S25 [Black], Large Cafe Bag [Black Halcyon], Brain Bag [Grey/Steel]

Shared:
    A45 [Nordic Halcyon], PCBP[Fjord Halcyon], Small Shop Bag [Original Black Dyneema]

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Fjord Packing Cube Shoulder Bag arrived last night :).
    Here shown next to Island Stuff Sack. The Monarch pouch really pops against the Fjord! In real life the colors are more saturated, they look a bit washed out due to our California sunlight I guess.
    Monarch, Sitka, and Fjord: Tasting Notes-image-jpeg

Monarch, Sitka, and Fjord: Tasting Notes-image-jpeg

(I also ordered a Steel Passport Pouch before they are gone for good. That on the off chance that I also try to do some color coding for my family as someone on the forums suggested a while ago. ;))
    Last edited by Squirrel; 04-01-2016 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Autocorrect ...

Colorado Springs
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My TB box just arrived. (With a nice note from Tom - thanks!)

Fjord is my Nordic. Please let it multiply into SE, SA, S25, tiny homes, soccer vests.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TavaPeak View Post
    My TB box just arrived. (With a nice note from Tom - thanks!)

Fjord is my Nordic. Please let it multiply into SE, SA, S25, tiny homes, soccer vests.
    Amen! (Well, actually, on the garments front I have a couple of petrol blue Dickies pants-- does that count??)

I like Nordic a lot, but this shade of blue pushes all my buttons. My dream bag in Fjord? A Fjord exterior S19 with Steel lining. Oh, even an NWS lining would be okay...

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    I like Nordic a lot, but this shade of blue pushes all my buttons. My dream bag in Fjord? A Fjord exterior S19 with Steel lining. Oh, even an NWS lining would be okay...
    S19 or at the very least a DLBP!
    A30s, S19, Luminary, Cubelets, Swifts, Little Swifts, DLBC, Parental Unit (PU is just not flattering), FJN, SK, SC's, TT's, Q-Kits, YSS, COW & OP's in original Black Halcyon, Black Halcyon, Nordic Halcyon, Fjord, Nordic, Cork, Steel, Island, Aubergine, Monarch & Azure

Everything is more fun on a Vespa! 🛵

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, yes - I would get an S19 in Fjord/NWS in a heartbeat!

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for Sitka as an interior. I'd really love the new black Halcyon as an exterior with Sitka in a briefcase.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Forgive me for taking a short stroll down memory lane.

The discussion of exterior v. interior colors makes me recall that brief glorious period in which Synapse 19s were offered in the Fabric Formerly Known as 200D Dyneema: there were, to the best of my knowledge, Iberian, Steel, and UV models. I don't know what the Iberian and UV models were lined with, but I have a Steel/Solar model.

Now, I am not agitating for this right now, and since I'm pretty sure all of the limited-edition fabrics already have an intended use, it's just wishful speculation on my part. But it would be so nice to have Daylight Backpacks/Briefcases, Sprouts, and, yes, perhaps even Synapse 19s made available in 200 D Halcyon—maybe in the limited edition colors, but just in 200 D in general would be nice. I honestly don't think that any of the current limited edition colors would be bad as an interior fabric; all of them (even Fjord) have a way of catching and reflecting the light that makes them bright enough for general purposes. But can I get an amen that as exterior colors, the limited edition colors would totally shine? I have a Burnt Orange DLBP, but Monarch to me would be just as—if not more—appealing, and for the lighter bags, 200 D seems more than sufficient in terms of strength and durability.

I would also not be opposed to a foldable, padding-free and deconstructed Smart Alec-shaped pack made from Aether fabric, but that's just crazy talk.
    S19 is UV/Steel.

I so hope for Daylight Backpacks/Briefcases in UV, NWS and Fjord, I don't know if it is possible but I would also like them in Aether Carbon and Violet.

I have Packing Cubes Backpacks in 200 D Dyneema, now Halcyon, I traveled extensively with the Steel for Aeronaut, I got it when they were first made because I had to face a very very very hot weather and did not want to carry anything heavier than that as a "purse". That was way before the Dyneema SCB.

I admire your collection of Black TB Bags, thanks for posting the lineup in one post, some time ago, when the DLBC was new, it helped me realizing that it is, the one briefcase I can get from the TB collection.

Later one, I got a Tristar PCBP and the front pocket makes it almost perfect, the Daylight Backpack is just perfect with the addition of the inner pockets and O rings so that Accessories can be added.

But...I want it in colors and I do think the 200 D fabric weight would be enough.

Well spelling and typing are fading fast.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice picture moriond! It's hard to get pictures which accurately display the true color of the items. Your picture is darn near perfect IMO! Bravo to your lighting and photography skills.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And thank you gochicken for your picture as well. It's wonderful to see all the different colors together for comparative purposes.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flips712 View Post
    Nice picture moriond! It's hard to get pictures which accurately display the true color of the items. Your picture is darn near perfect IMO! Bravo to your lighting and photography skills.
    @flips712, That was another one of @gochicken's travel tray pictures. I'm not a particularly good photographer, but I remember where to find the great pictures that other forum members have previously posted.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 04-02-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RDR3 View Post
    They had a solar PCSB Monarch, Sitka, and Fjord: Tasting Notes ??? I missed that :)
    Just for you, RDR3, here's a pic I just took of my Solar PCSB, in front of my new PCSBs in Fjord, Monarch, and Sitka. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Just for you, RDR3, here's a pic I just took of my Solar PCSB, in front of my new PCSBs in Fjord, Monarch, and Sitka. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wiping the drool off my iPad....LOVE it and you ARE the DYNEEMA DIVA!
    Thank you :)

Houston, TX
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy cow, Lani - how do you decide which to carry?! LOL
    “Order and simplification are the first steps towards mastery of a subject” ― Thomas Mann

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast