Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Houston, TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yugyag79 View Post
    I just received my order and no... It's not just you.

I have to say I was a little surprised at how "meh!" I was about the Fjord. It's a nice enough blue-grey, but of the blues the TB has recently put out, it's certainly my least favorite. .
    I can see how Fjord would be a great neutral, but it's a bit too neutral/basic for me. Kind of a jeans blue. Very pretty, but not an accent.
    I don't need two travel trays or I would have also ordered Monarch (which I am sure I would love), but Sitka was just calling to me.
    Love Northwest Sky as an interior but I like accessories to have a pop!
    “Order and simplification are the first steps towards mastery of a subject” ― Thomas Mann

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    And here, in addition to Badgers detailed pictures, some color-compariosons:

Attachment 14877

2. Legenderary Nordic PCSB, fun Iceland PCSB, and the new and lovely Foyrd PCSB plus Pouch in the same color.
    The sight of the Nordic gives me flutters. A truly excellent colour.

Germany
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrpe View Post
    I can see how Fjord would be a great neutral, but it's a bit too neutral/basic for me.
    To me it's just enough color! If you know about color theory: I probably am a Soft Summer. Too bright and intense colors overwhelm me, you always see the color before you see me. I think Fjord is a beautiful teal blue. It is subdued enough to work as a neutral but it's enough color to work as an accent in my wardrobe full of dark/soft/heathered/greyed colors. It fits right in. I think all the other colors would be too bright, NWS as the exception (but I really see that one as a neutral not a color). If Fjord doesn't get the vote then I will need to stick to NWS.

Dallas, Texas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @b1gsky, I feel the same. I totally love the toned down fjord color. It is neutral, like jeans, and will work with nearly any wardrobe, unlike many of the other colors. I am a huge fan of orange and bright colors (love my zest travel tray and new monarch forum gift) but the black and fjord are what I prefer to carry as bigger bags.

I would describe fjord as quiet, introspective, and downtempo. The kind of music I like to listen to at night.
    Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful. — Shaker Philosophy

Forum Member
    Houston, TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my order arrived, and after I placed the order and started chatting on here about Sitka I started to worry I might not like it and was ambivalent. Well, it arrived and I am... still ambivalent! There is just something about this color that is really hard for me to pin down. My husband thinks my problem may that I am probably one of these people (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrachromacy). So strange - I'm usually very decisive on colors and this one's thrown me for a loop. I'm going to hang onto it, though - can't have too many shop totes!

NY Finger Lakes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, my sitka LSB arrived and though I was excited by images folks have posted, it's less 'wow' in real life than I expected. A fine green, one I most closely associate with vintage camp chairs, sweatshirts and painted wood boats. Something about the TB label in red reenforces that association. Fine, classic, uncomplicated yet not a color that 'makes my heart sing.' UV, steel, NWS and fjord to some extent grab me. Am envisioning more an emerald or turquoise that rises to meet me!

That being said, I'm thrilled for all of you who have expressed adoration for sitka and am totally happy to extend a greenly welcome. It takes all colors to make a rainbow, so cheers!
    Last edited by celtical; 04-08-2016 at 02:05 PM.

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by celtical View Post
    I'm thrilled for all of you who have expressed adoration for sitka and am totally happy to extend a greenly welcome. It takes all colors to make a rainbow, so cheers!
    I really love this comment, celtical! So inclusive. :)

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by celtical View Post
    ...vintage camp chairs, sweatshirts and painted wood boats.
    I haven't seen it in person yet, but read this and thought 'oh no'. I had been imagining more emerald... (Lovely comment at the end. I agree. I totally disagree with people who love neutrals and dislike zest, but happy for everyone on here when they love a colour. The TB forums are such inclusive place to hang out!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually love it! I'm tired of all of the grays and blacks. Sitka may be my favorite TB color - and I'm a purple person. I bought a PCSB and a SSB in Sitka. I may even buy a travel tray in it, and I'm one of those rare people who hasn't fallen in love with the TT. But I love the color enough to get what I can in it.

Massachusetts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a shop bag in Sitka today along with a PCSB in NW Sky, and while I may have some issues with parsing shades of green at times I have to say the two colors can look pretty close to my eye depending on the light.

First there was the box. No color questions here.

SSB and PCSB 1
    by Nate E, on Flickr

Then a hungry blue Cricket came by to help with ingress.

SSB and PCSB 2
    by Nate E, on Flickr

And now the payoff...

SSB and PCSB 6
    by Nate E, on Flickr

The light here was on the warm side.

SSB and PCSB 4
    by Nate E, on Flickr

And just a few minutes later in the same spot it shaded cooler.

SSB and PCSB 5
    by Nate E, on Flickr

So you tell me - do they look that close?

In any case, the shop bag will fold up and reside in my Synapse most of the time for taking groceries home from work. (The green seems to pop much more to me in this shot.)

SSB folded
    by Nate E, on Flickr

SSB in S25
    by Nate E, on Flickr

And when the Synapse gets tired of doing all the carrying the shop bag is more than ready to help a brother out.

S25 in SSB
    by Nate E, on Flickr

NY Finger Lakes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love how all our eyes, sensibilities and temperaments for color are both alike and different. Yet somehow kindred!
    Last edited by celtical; 04-08-2016 at 11:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UpToNoGood View Post
    I didn't buy anything in Sitka and wish I had. I went for the TT in Monarch, and find it strangely salmon-colored.
    IAWTC! It looks more fishy and less citrus-y, somehow (gee, I sure made it sound appealing... :S). It does take on a less meaty... cast depending on the lighting, though.

This food theme makes me think my Monarch LSB is going to be one of the designated grocery bags. (If I swam, the Island would be for the pool.)

(P.S. Can't wait for a grey-grid Nordic LSB!)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    IAWTC!
    What does that stand for?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    IAWTC=I agree with this comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    I have to google these urban slang things!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9