Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Denver, CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We definitely need an adult version! It's a necessity. :-)

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bijouxandbeads: she was over the moon, and could not realy grasp that she got this present. She kept asking if this was realy for her and hers allone.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    I was lucky enough to get a preview of The Sprout on my recent visit to Germany. The only way @Ilkyway was going to get this back to hide from me was if she stuffed her daughter into the TB box with it! :D
    Whaaaaat now?!
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Whaaaaat now?!
    Sorry! To clarify, this would be the recent visit to Casa Ilkyway which was a couple of weeks prior to the, even more recent, visit that included you in Berlin :D

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ON the day ceepee arived (late in the evening, call it even early night) the pacle with the Tom Bihn goodies came. And I made the mistake of showing Emmely her knew Sproud emidiatly. After that there WAS NO GOING BACK. I had to tell Darcy, that I was not able to pry that backpack from my childs hand without causing any demage.
    Darcy made me take the required blood-oath' from ceepee and so she was to live another day (ceepee not my daugter... thoug my daugter too come to think of it ;-)

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was kidding -- it would have been ok either way.
    I am trying to decide if my soon-to-be-8-year niece will like it. I am not sure of her aesthetic. For a while it has been pink everything. And if she has one her little sister will want it too.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a perfect design! May I add another request for an adult version, please? I often use a tiny backpack in lieu of a purse because I prefer being able to keep my hands free. This would be perfect for my needs. The only modifications I'd need would be straps long enough for an adult and attachment points to use it with a shoulder strap on occasion. I'd stich an o-ring into the top pocket myself. The ability to lock or secure the zippers would be appreciated, but it's a modification I can do myself if necessary.

There have been major issues with the previous adult mini-backpacks I've used. One was made of extremely thin nylon (almost like silnylon). While the fabric was ultra lightweight, the seams were all shoddy and failed in less than a month. The two other brands, while durable, lacked any organization. And none of them are waterproof, which is a problem both when traveling and when running errands on rainy days.

As awesome as they are, sometimes the PCBP and DLBP are just too big. The Sprout is just the right size with excellent built in organization. Kudos to Tom Bihn and the crew for another fantabulous design! elisa

Minneapolis, MN
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Badger, what is that fox? Every member of my family needs one, including the dog members.

Another vote for a big Sprout!

vancouver, bc
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm a grown-up and just ordered a Sprout. For myself. I reeeeaaaaallly hope that the straps are long enough! I have a Fjallraven Kanken mini (same litre volume as the Sprout) and the straps are plenty long enough for me. Anybody out there in Bihn-land have a sense of how the Sprout would fit a 5'3" 140 lb woman? I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Forum Member
    Mateh Binyamin, Israel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ilkyway, do you have any not-six-foot-two women around who could model the Spout for us? Just, um, you know, for academic purposes. :)

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My otjer daughters are in bed. One is 181 cm the other 151 cm. I ask them tomorrow, ok?

Sent from my phone

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    123veo we ara all interested in your findings, please share if this works out.

Sent from my phone

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ilkyway, your daughter's sprout looks super awesome. I placed an aubergine sprout in my cart. Then switched to black. Ha ha.

I am ambivalent on the steel lining, but there is no other option for black. So we'll see if I keep it.

I am hoping that the sprout will be made in the new black halcyon - with sitka or fjord lining :).

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a Sprout for myself too. I figured I'm close enough to child size at 5'2". :) I'm 158 cm tall, so would definitely be interested in seeing Ilkyway's 151 cm tall daughter model this backpack.
    Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is a PickUp Truck and Everyday Cubelet. Love all my shop bags, ghost whales, cubelets. Hoping to travel again soon to use my A30 and co-pilot.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping that the Sprout would work for me. Someone on ravelry said that it might work as a one shoulder bag, but it wasn't comfortable for her to get it on. I could have modified it and added a little length to the straps. Maybe they can make a strap extender for those adults that want a back pack smaller than a daylight backpack or a s19. I have both of those and they are too big for what I need to carry.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast